Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Birthday Bombs..

So I was thinking about making a thread on bombs for birthdays. post your B-day and that way if anyone wants to send you a "present" one can. Nothing is guaranteed but I figured it might be a fun thing. I just wanted to know if others would be into this? lets discuss it hear. I'll go ahead and put mine up, May 19th.

Comments

• Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a good idea. It seems like everyone around here is into sending bombs around, might as well give a purpose to the mayhem, lol. My birthday is July 26th.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Cool idea, that and I knew I liked you for some reason Pheebs, birthday is only 9 days apart, mine's the 10th of May.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    In my culture, we celebrate birthdays every week, not every year... sooooo.... Feel free to hit me any time
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    dutyje:
    In my culture, we celebrate birthdays every week, not every year... sooooo.... Feel free to hit me any time

I've converted to Dutys culture "Humidor Hedonism".....let the party begin!!!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    actually, if we are going to do this we should do it right. everyone that wants to be in on this should sign up here with birthday posted. If you sign up you MUST send everyone else who signs up a birthday gift. this would prevent people from signing up just to get free smokes and never sending anything out.

that being said...
    im not gunna sign up for this for two reasons:
    1) i never have room in the humidor
    b) i have a hard time sending out packages that arent full of sticks i have yet to try or that i am saving for a special occasion.

if the core group of people here sign up for this we will be sending out sticks all the time. not that i have a problem with that, but my budget might.
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    I am in a birthday pass on another forum and it is great. Just be cautious since you are committed to sending out x number of packages.

But you should see the terror when someone's birthday is getting close.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    sounds like a new humidor on every birthday...I think I'm with Kuzi on this. I'd feel bad if I forgot or was amiss for a while.
  • Options
    rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    I look at it from a couple of different perspectives...

1) I'd almost feel bad jumping on something like this just because of the timing... My birfday is the 16th of this month... ;)

2) I see the point of making it mandatory... but then again that could get out of hand... What I mean is... Suppose 30 people sign up... That means 30 times a year I'm having to package up some sticks to send to a fellow BOTL... Not to mention the reverse... When my birthday rolls around around getting 30 different packages... I've got three humidors, one of them being a footlocker and there's no chance in hell I'd be able to support that sort of influx...

Because of that... I'd suggest exactly the opposite... No commitment... Throw your birthday out there and when it rolls around hopefully a few others on the board will send you a few sticks...

Yes, hopefully you'd return the kindness for others, since that's what will make the whole thing work...

YES... I realize this means someone could throw their name up and never have any intentions of sending any sticks out...

BUT... I guess I look at it like this... If everyone does that, then it will fail anyway... Nobody will ever receive any sticks... If there are a few who sign up and don't send any out... well... think of it this way....

It's a birthday BOMB... not a pass or a trade... The person is receiving the sticks BECAUSE it's their birthday... In all honestly there shouldn't be any commitment on their part... It's their friggin birthday afterall...

Sure, one would hope that they jump in and try to repay the favor to at least several of the other "b-days" out there... but they certainly shouldn't feel bad about missing a few...

I guess what I'm saying is... If someone wants to send me some sticks for my birthday as a GIFT then great! I'd love it... I for one, like probably most others on this board would be more than happy to repay the favor to others when their b-day rolls around... On the other hand, to feel committed to sending to each and every other person to repay for my "GIFT"... That just somehow seems "wrong" to me... especially when... frankly... my life is WAY WAY WAY too busy for me to have to start worrying about who and when I've gotta send packages out for birthdays... Rather just let me check when I can and mail away when I get the chance and have the sticks to spare...

That's my two cents... for what it's worth... (obviously two cents)... ;)
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    that's what I was getting at. no obligation and I'm sure most of us here who are regularly being active already throw sticks out, but I thought it would be something new.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    that's what I was getting at. no obligation and I'm sure most of us here who are regularly being active already throw sticks out, but I thought it would be something new.
    I agree with Shirley and the Squirrel. I say what this forum needs is less regulation, not more!!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    bbc020:
    sounds like a new humidor on every birthday...I think I'm with Kuzi on this. I'd feel bad if I forgot or was amiss for a while.

yeah i kind of like the surprise element rather than expecting something at a certain time...i would feel bad for missing someone and them maybe feeling slighted.....one of the good things about the board is its so relaxed and informal ....sorry pheebs
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    dutyje:
    And my birthday is today, oh wait, I mean next week !
  • Options
    robert69165robert69165 Posts: 219
    In a perfect world... I like this idea! However this is not a perfect world. This would be to hard to keep up with and I think people would un fairly pick and choose who they were sending to. I have bunch of low end stuff that no one would probably want (puchasing mistakes) mostly from the T word before I discovered C.com and CI and I made the mistake in buying in bulk. So with respect I'm gonna have to pass. (No pun intended).
  • Options
    My birthday is the 25th of this month. I'm up for a birthday bomb!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i dont have a birth day....
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    i dont have a birth day....
    Hatchday?
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Marshallrocks80:
    My birthday is the 25th of this month. I'm up for a birthday bomb!
    I thought that we decided this wasn't going to happen. How about Earth Day bombs though. We should celebrate the planet by enjoying one of the best things it has ever produced. Tobacco! And since I was born on the same exact day that Earth Day was started. April 22nd, 1970, then I think that all packages to celebrate this event should be routed through me for inspection and then I will distribute them accordingly.
  • Options
    robert69165robert69165 Posts: 219
    How would this work? I might get behind this if I knew how it would work.