Home Non Cigar Related
Options

College kids

What are you going to college for? reading through a similar thread on another site got me thinking, of the people on here going to college, what degree or goal have yo set for yourself to get?

Im currently working on a History degree with a teaching cert but im kind of wanting to switch over to agriculture (which was the original plan) with the cert.

Comments

• Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Well, I'm half way through a 3 year college program as a Computer Programmer Analyst. I've got a few years experience as an "E-Learning web developer" and now I'm going to have a piece of paper that says I can do what I did.....if that makes any sense.

I'm the oldest kid in the class, older than most of my teachers, but I'm cool with that.

• Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    it makes sense to me, you know what and how to do your job but for whatever reason they make you have that fancy paper to do it. had an uncle get demoted and eventually fired from a nice job he had for 20 years because of new rules that stated he should have some business degree.
  • Options
    ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    Working on a masters in public admin here. Then on to a phd after some work exp or not depends on the job market in a year. Any ways not to sure what i want the phd in there are a ton of options out there.
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    I have 1 class left for my BS in Professional Aeronautics. Then I'll start the Master program for Aviation Logistics and Supply Chain Management.

My goals are to continue working in aviation for a company such as FedEx or DHL managing international shipping. Maybe USPS to double dip retirments.

My resume' will read: 20 years Aviation experience, 3 years Maintenance Control Supervisor, Black Belt Lean Six Sigma, BS in Professional Aeronautics, Master is Aviation Logistics and Supply Chain Managment.

It'll get churched up a bit, but thats off the top of my head.
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    jr_p951:
    My resume' will read: 20 years Aviation experience, 3 years Maintenance Control Supervisor, Black Belt Lean Six Sigma, BS in Professional Aeronautics, Master is Aviation Logistics and Supply Chain Managment.

It'll get churched up a bit, but thats off the top of my head.
    Wow! that's impressive

Best I'm going to manage on my resume is:
    Old dude that can type on a keyboard, only needs one or two naps a week, knows what "Windows" is, doesn't need **** (yet) and never lets a hang over interfere with sleeping in.

• Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Currently working towards a bachelors in Civil Engineering. I have about 3, maybe 4 years to go. It's a very unit heavy major.