Home Non Cigar Related

What's on the menu for Superbowl Sunday?

j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
Me, I'm smoking a Brisket, getting my rub on it shortly and will be starting the cook early am...this isn't a full brisket, but a flat, so it's only a 4 pounder. I wish I had a real butcher in town, can't get anything in the way of really good meat. But, hopefully it will turn out good.

Here's a pic of the brisket.

Comments

• jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Tomorrow is Jambalya for us. I should have went with the smoker. I'm off next week so I might break it out.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Brisket is going on in the next few minutes. Anticipating a 6-7 hour smoke, we'll see how she goes.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ribs
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    j0z3r:
    …getting my rub on...
    I couldn't help it
    DSWarmack:
    j0z3r:
    …getting my rub on...
    I couldn't help it
    lol
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Sub Sandwiches, then Lasagna
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Copious amounts of beer
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Ribs (Slow roasted with onion, garlic, red/green pepper and mushrooms, then finished off on the BBQ) and snacks. My wife has been making me a snack tray for this event since the first year we knew each other.

• DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Wings , babybacks , and pimento cheese sammiches
    skweekz:
    Copious amounts of beer
    Lassy, is that you?
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Smoked Pork Beer brats BBQ hot wings Fried Hot wings Taquitos-fresh rolled Tri Tip Bakeds beans Spanish rice homemade BBQ sauce AND A BIG ARRRSED BOWL OF NACHO CHEESE
    catfishbluezz:
    Smoked Pork Beer brats BBQ hot wings Fried Hot wings Taquitos-fresh rolled Tri Tip Bakeds beans Spanish rice homemade BBQ sauce AND A BIG ARRRSED BOWL OF NACHO CHEESE
    What time and what can I bring? lol, sounds damn tasty.
    j0z3r:
    catfishbluezz:
    What time and what can I bring? lol, sounds damn tasty.
    It's epic.... SB is 24 hours of out of control cooking here...
    The other menu... image
    The brisket has been on for just over 7 hours now and I'm looking at probably another 2 judging by temp...so we'll see. Looks mighty nice though.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Spending it in my favorite cigar bar; MOW Armada, Oliva Masters, Oliva Series O Maduro, San Lotano Maduro and My Uzi Weighs a ton (7x60), plus some chips I brought and the beer they serve here :)
    Pulled my brisket off after a nine hour cook.

I've got it in a cooler with some towels now to rest up for an hour or two, then it will be time to dig right in.
    And time to eat.

• jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    And time to eat.

id say so, licking screen,lol
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    I made some empanadas with pork tenderloin, feta, chipotle peppers, and scallions. Thank you Food Network.