Home Non Cigar Related

Meet Aissatou

So, I finally am at a place in my life where I can start giving some money to charity, and this is my first move. This is Aissatou, and I am supporting her through "PLAN." I have limited funds as a college student, so I had to cut some stuff out of my monthly spending (ccom monthly membership image ) but I am really stoked to hear from her and her family. I am hoping that I get to travel to Africa next year, and apparently, if you let the foundation know ahead of time, you can actually plan a visit to meet the kid/family you are sponsoring.

Anyone else doing some charity stuff?

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    That's cool man. I sponsored a couple kids while in hs.
    Such a huge thing knowing your bettering someone's life.

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do I assume correctly that the small blue square that appears on my iPhone screen was intended to be a photo? As for your charitable effort, I think that's wonderful and I admire you for doing it.
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    jlmarta:
    Do I assume correctly that the small blue square that appears on my iPhone screen was intended to be a photo? As for your charitable effort, I think that's wonderful and I admire you for doing it.
    Tis a photo. It just feels pretty awesome knowing that she'll be eating this year.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oldsoulrevival:
    jlmarta:
    Tis a photo. It just feels pretty awesome knowing that she'll be eating this year.

I know the feeling, just on a lesser scale. Maybe the photo will show on my PC. In what country is she?
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    jlmarta:
    oldsoulrevival:
    jlmarta:

I know the feeling, just on a lesser scale. Maybe the photo will show on my PC. In what country is she?
    For some reason I thought it was Sudan, but she is actually from Senegal, and lives in a mud concrete house with a metal roof.