Home Non Cigar Related
Options

So I walk into my office...

Because I heard a strange noise. It sounded like dripping water. Well that's odd there's no water in my office/broom closet, maybe its coming from the laundry room right behind the office. I walk in the door and to my dismay there is a light brown spot in the ceiling right over my head. The dripping sound is coming from the noise the water (coming out of said brown spot) is making hitting one of the boxes under it. The box under it is a box someone sent me for donations to the DCCC (cigars had been moved last night). [all that took about .5 seconds to process]

Now we get to the fun part: Imagine me, a thirty year old father of five, soldier with multiple combat and support deployments, one bad leg (still on crutches) hobbling around moving boxes of cigars around yelling at my wife to come help. Looking at the phone trying to will it closer to call the home warranty people (both to put in an emergency work order and see if they will cover my damaged cigars). So I get everything moved, call the home warranty and get put on the phone with a moron that could care less and I have to reexplain the situation four times. Finally I get to the point where I said, 'Look man, there is water pouring through the ceiling! Get someone out here to fix it!'
'Sir, would you like me to make this an emergency work order? If so I need to know if the leak is coming form the dishwasher or the pipes.'
I go to look and see where the water is coming from and found the problem and fixed it. I told the guy I no longer needed his help, and the cancel the work order.
'Are you sure?'
'YES! [CLICK]'

So I just came down to **** the damage and am so thankful! Other than a brown spot in the ceiling I am good! No water came anywhere near my cigars for the DCCC, or my personal ones. Wheeeww! Disaster averted... Now to fix the ceiling.

Comments

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don'tcha just love dealing with ignoramuses like that? Only thing words would have been if the person had an east-Indian accent... X
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    Yeah I hate that too, unfortunately this was homegrown moron! It's funny because I have friends from all over the world and I've adapted to understanding most accents. I have no issues telling one of my friends that their accent is getting in the way, nor will I hesitate to get someone else on the line if a customer service rep is difficult to hear. What pisses me off is when the get mad about it and offended that I cant understand them! I told a guy one time to repeat himself four times and finally had him transfer me to another person; she still had a horrible accent but at least she used the right words!
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Damn not cool. Glad you worked it out.
  • Options
    I'm just glad I moved the cigars last night! Screw the roof, I can fix that!
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    had several lately with the headuptheirasses syndrone, the other day a young guy gave me change for a 5 for something i spent like 2.35 for, and i had to show him he shorted me a dollar , i saw it before he put in my hand so i just held my hand their and tried to show him /explain 3 times before he says ,ohh, doofus
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man I just knew you were leading up to something really awful. Really sucks about the ceiling but at least your sticks were safe.
  • Options
    Yeah, come to find out my 9 year old daughter pointed the cause out to my wife last night and she forgot to tell me!
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DSWarmack:
    Yeah, come to find out my 9 year old daughter pointed the cause out to my wife last night and she forgot to tell me!
    Ouch! My wife would argue to her last breath that she told me.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DSWarmack:
    Are you going to miss her?
  • Options
    I told both of my older girls that if there is something wrong with the house they are to tell me, mom's not gonna fix it, and if she does fix it I'll have to fix it again!