Home General Discussion

Your must have items when you smoke

danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just curious what a few BOTL like to have with you when you smoke. I don't mean your lighters, cutters, ashtrays or even a paring drink. Those are a given. What are some of the gizmos and gadgets that you like to have by your side? Here are a few things I like to have with me......
magazines/catalogs
lap top notebook
headphones
smartphone (must have)
not pictured; smoking jacket for when it's cold out. Old radio
Uploaded with Snapbucket (Original)
"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR

Comments

• slickricslickric Posts: 705
    i definitely have to have my laptop (unless i am with a friend). i also like to have something to tinker around with. IE broken fan or something to fix
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I usually just have my Nook, reading is my main activity while having a cigar.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't take much to make me happy. A good cigar, my iPhone, the warming plate for my coffee, and, of course, my attack cat to protect me from serious dangers like rogue bluejays and anything else that moves.
  • LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    I either bring a laptop or a book/kindle. Sometimes just an Mp3 player if it's nice enough out to just enjoy looking around.

Marty, a warming pad is genius! My coffee always goes cold when I'm smoking.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LeftFive:
    Marty, a warming pad is genius! My coffee always goes cold when I'm smoking.

Yeah, these chilly mornings cool my coffee off too quickly. The one I have is large enough to hold the pot and a couple mugs if my child bride joins me on the patio.
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    The only thing I absolutely have to have is a friend with me. I don't really smoke cigars by myself.
  • SalemSalem Posts: 717
    Dang, I don't have anything out there with me except the cutter, lighter, etc. I must be doing it wrong, lol!! I did take my Kindle out there once, but I was scared I'd get ash on it or something. :)
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    usually something to read if I'm sitting still at home . need a new laptop .

Favorite thing to NOT have with me is a phone .
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Laptop, Textbooks and an old radio. Cigars are my "study time" for college.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Warm sunshine and A serene mood. Everything else is just icing on the cake.
  • Something to watch shows/movies on.. Laptop or iPad. I am lost without my iPhone for random googling and forum reading or posting.
  • Jim1130Jim1130 Posts: 13
    I have to tell you it's my tractor. Love working around the horse pens with a stogie. Something about the smell of diesel and cigar and being outside.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fire. Without fire the cigar will not be enjoyable.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually just my iPhone maybe some kind of magazine.
  • ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    jsnake:
    Fire. Without fire the cigar will not be enjoyable.
    Could not agree with you more. Love lighting up the firepit
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Salem:
    Dang, I don't have anything out there with me except the cutter, lighter, etc. I must be doing it wrong, lol!! I did take my Kindle out there once, but I was scared I'd get ash on it or something. :)
    I bring my Kindle with me nearly every time. They tolerate stray ash well!

• ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Warm sunshine, at least an hour of solitude and some H. P. Lovecraft.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    A lighter and cigar
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Direwolf:
    A lighter and cigar
    Are you bitting the end.LOL
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I consider anything else an extra or luxury lol
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Nothing really, I try not to bring my phone, and just concentrate on relaxing. It is nice to have someone to talk to though. That changes the whole dynamic of what's happening. An almost meditative state where I am just thinking about the cigar and relaxation vs a social experience. Both are great, just different.
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    My phone. Thats where my "Rate My Cigar" app is and I take all my notes.
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    If not a few friends hanging around, then I prefer just some quiet time, no gizmos or other distractions, no phone, no tv, no internet, maybe some jazz in the background, smooth whiskey, and my dogs. A few Hooters girls would be nice, but they're kinda hard to come by. I'm a simple guy, and enjoy simple pleasures.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    iPad or a book, water, cutter, lighter, matches and a cigar lol
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    I don't really have one thing that I must have, but I've got a few things that I need, and the smoke just isn't the same without them.

1. Sunshine or at least a warm summer evening. I just can't relax with a good cigar if I'm cold.
    2. Company - 99% of the time its either my wife or my dogs, or both.
    3. Something to do while still spacing out and enjoying the cigar. I like watering the lawn/garden on summer evenings, but sometimes I'll take the laptop outside and watch a movie or read, or study, depending on what I have going on.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    I usually set myself up with my netbook. I surf Ccom while smoking. I also have a diet coke, usually 2. If i can get to a lounge that would be great but mostly its the backyard.
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Simple:
    1. iPhone
    2. iPad
    Herfador (w/5-15 sticks inside)