Home Cigar 101
Options

Vexed

The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
Ok peeps, here's the sitch... sitting here smoking a Padilla 1932 with two YEARS on it - and the burn is absolutely horrible. Has been at proper RH the entire time. One side is running so fast it almost can't be slowed at all using saliva, and The other required near constant touch-ups for the first half. Seems to have evened out for the most part at the halfway point. In sitting here wondering WTF could cause this when I notice that the wrapper is still pretty shiny, which to me means very oily. So my questions are 1) what in the he11 could be causing burn issues like this in a quality smoke like the 32 with 2 years of perfect aging, and 2) is it possible that even after two YEARS there things could still be so oily that they would require dry boxing before smoking to remedy this? HELP!!!

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'd usually look to a construction issue, namely the filler tobaccos being improperly bunched thereby throwing off the combustion. I've had many 1932 and the burn is rarely perfect, but usually it just seems a bit wavy. Hell if I know though. If you need another couple 1932 with some good time on it, like 3 years, let me know.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    That's EXACTLY what I'm afraid of Joe... got the better part of a box of these with the same two years on em, and if they're ALL ate up with construction issues I'm gonna be BEYOND pissed.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I hear that. Unfortunately, you won't know until you know. Although in your place, I wouldn't worry about as there's not much you can do if that's the case. And maybe you were right about needing to drybox, I've never had that problem with the 1932, but I'm also in a very different climate.
  • Options
    asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    About half of all the padilla cigars that i've ever had have had burn issues. Never really affected the good taste. Just annoying to have to re-touch the stick so often.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully just a bad stick. Sounds like somebody did a poor job of bunching the filler.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I have experienced this with the 32 as well Glen. It wasn't too old, 6ish months. I'm with Joe though it def sounds like a construction issue