Home General Discussion
Options

special occasion cigar

What cigar is in your humidor that you have been saving for that special occasion, and how long has it been there? I guess I would say mine is a Gurkha Titan that I got with my COTMC. It has been there for about 10 months and I plan on smoking it on July 5th (my one year not smoking cigarettes anniversary)

Comments

• Options
    ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    Congratulations for being cigarette free for almost a year, I quit Jan. 9th of this year.

I have several that I'm saving for special occasions but since your question asked "what cigar" I'm will have to go with the Padron 80th anniversary maduro, they've been aging since Nov. '07. I was very fortunate to enjoy one last week and can't wait for that next special occasion to comes around.<
  • Options
    golfcigarjunkiegolfcigarjunkie Posts: 61
    I have box of GOF's waiting patiently for my retirement in one year.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have a GOF, and a few other cigars waiting for special occasions. most have been there for a while. all will probably see a year or more before i smoke them.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I have a CAO america I bought when they first came out I'm saving for July 4th. I now also have a custom rolled for me by Sam Leccia Barber Pole nub that I'm saving for the completion of a project I'm working on.
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    I guess it would have to be the opus x i just ordered.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    After reading this and thinking a bit, it occurred to me that I don't really have any special cigars, maybe the closest being a few higher-end Gurkhas, but really that's the closest I've got.... Must go find that "special occasion" cigar, maybe a Black and Mild with a year of aging would be good :)
  • Options
    bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    My bday just passed this weekend...and I burned some sticks that I'd been sitting on for at least six months. I had a Gurkha congac tubo, Ashton VSG, CAO 65th ann, and then topped it off with a Padron 64 natural. I enjoyed all of them, except the Gurkha...it was a little too mild for me. All in all I think I had pretty good weekend.
  • Options
    bass8844:
    My bday just passed this weekend....
    this first time i read your post i was a bit distracted. I thought it said "my Dad passed this weekend..." then you went on to describe all the cigars you smoked. i thought to myself, "wow his guy hated his dad"

then i read it again...
    much better
  • Options
    kodkod Posts: 41
    I dont have any special cigars in my humi, but i just ordred a gurkha beast and a sol cubano artisan. And i will be saving these for a special event.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    If I had to pick something out of my humi for a special occasion. Right now I suppose it would be either a Graycliffe professionale or a Camacho 1962 pre embargo. I am looking at picking up some for that very special occasion, like a GOF, Opus X, or Padron. I am debating on picking up a Gurkha HMR when I graduate Physician Assistant school and then letting it age until I retire from the Army and smoking it then. I just have to talk myself into spending that much for a cigar.
  • Options
    rdnstn:
    I am debating on picking up a Gurkha HMR when I graduate Physician Assistant school and then letting it age until I retire from the Army and smoking it then. I just have to talk myself into spending that much for a cigar.
    the tube it comes in better be lined in gold for that kinda money.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    First of all happy belated B-I-R-T-H-D-A-Y, I too misread the bday thing and won't even say what I misread. It sounds like some guys really know how to smoke the day away. Never had that Gurkha but it sounds like a good day to me.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    rdnstn:
    I am debating on picking up a Gurkha HMR when I graduate Physician Assistant school and then letting it age until I retire from the Army and smoking it then. I just have to talk myself into spending that much for a cigar.
    the tube it comes in better be lined in gold for that kinda money.
    I'll probably never be able to bring myself to part with that much money for a single cigar, but it's a good dream. What I'll probably end up doing is getting a nice cigar for each of these two special occasions and then get a nice bottle of brandy or cognac to drink with it instead of it being infused into the cigar.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Yea I don't think there is any way in hell I could spend that kind of money on a single stick ESPECIALLY an "infused" one.
  • Options
    thought it is infused, i dont quite think that its just a very expensive acid.
  • Options
    RushNRushN Posts: 7
    kuzi16:
    bass8844:
    My bday just passed this weekend....
    this first time i read your post i was a bit distracted. I thought it said "my Dad passed this weekend..." then you went on to describe all the cigars you smoked. i thought to myself, "wow his guy hated his dad"

then i read it again...
    much better
    I'm sorry I did the exact same thing except I thought he wrote my buddy passed and I was like wow how did you have such a good weekend. I need to pay more attention when I read. Anyway... I don't have a special cigar yet since I am new to the hobby only a few months in...but I see several of you are saving some GOF's thats something I might look into trying!