Home General Discussion
Options

first order on c.com

danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
What was everyone's first order here on c.com? If you can't remember, you can go to Account, then order history. Mine was a DD back in 5/18/2010. 2 5ers of Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet Robusto, Habano. ( I still have 2 left)
"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Mine was too far back to be in my order history, fortunately I remember what it was. My very first order was a Rocky Patel sampler that came with a 20 count Cigar.com humidor, the sampler contained 5 Decade toros (from before they started box pressing them), 5 Signature toros, 5 Fusion toros and 5 Fusion Double Maduro toros. Also, I added a sampler of Gurkhas that was suggested at checkout ($45 for 5 of the Rolls Royce of cigars? How can I go wrong?) which contained one Titan, one Beast, one Crest and the other two I don't recall.
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    10 Padilla Black Bears in early May, 2011 - smoked em all :-(
    but have more now :-)

• Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    DD....5 Cohiba Red Dots, and 5 Kristoff Criollo Short Robustos.
  • Options
    slickricslickric Posts: 705
    the forum sampler yesterday
  • Options
    slickric:
    the forum sampler yesterday
    wow - you popped your cherry in style!

• Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    My first order was illusione ~68~, La Herencia Cubana Original, Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story (Perfecto), Oliva Serie G Cameroon Special G., Java by Drew Estate on 6/02/11
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Mine was too far back to be in my order history, fortunately I remember what it was. My very first order was a Rocky Patel sampler that came with a 20 count Cigar.com humidor, the sampler contained 5 Decade toros (from before they started box pressing them), 5 Signature toros, 5 Fusion toros and 5 Fusion Double Maduro toros. Also, I added a sampler of Gurkhas that was suggested at checkout ($45 for 5 of the Rolls Royce of cigars? How can I go wrong?) which contained one Titan, one Beast, one Crest and the other two I don't recall.
    lol......how could you go wrong!
    I'll bet those 20 RPs didn't all fit in that humi either!

• Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    3 Opus X Charity boxes.

Nah don't remember
  • Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    5/4/11 MOW variety sampler, 2 ave marias and a my father
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    House blend sampler.
  • Options
    KingoftheCove:
    j0z3r:

If my memory is serving me well, I think they actually did all fit...it just took some creative arranging.
  • Options
    Ruination cutter and a MOW Armada
  • Options
    KingoftheCove:
    j0z3r:

lol. Do they still call them that? "Rolls Royce of cigars"
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    KingoftheCove:
    j0z3r:

Read some of the ccom descriptions of Gurkhas. Yeah they are still referred to that way, but a lot less people believe it now.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    danielzreyes:
    KingoftheCove:
    j0z3r:

Read some of the ccom descriptions of Gurkhas. Yeah they are still referred to that way, but a lot less people believe it now.
    More like the Scions of cigars.
  • Options
    scarlin:
    j0z3r:
    danielzreyes:
    KingoftheCove:
    j0z3r:

More like the Scions of cigars.
    Ouch haha. I do like the Centurian though. Also, I'm really curious about the Cellar Reserve.
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    My first order was on 11/15/11 and at the time it was called the CAO Stocking stuffer sampler. A Black, a 'VR' , a Brazilia, and Italia, and a MX2 plus a Black-ops lighter and a Black-ops cutter. I just smoked that Brazilia the other day and it was the last of the 5.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Cain Daytona, No. 4 and an Obsidian Belicoso
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Mine was a long long time ago. Don't remember exactly when but I think my first order might have been some unbanded Gurkha Pre Embargo.
  • Options
    GoatmilkGoatmilk Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    Speaking of gurkha I left a gurkha sampler in the toilet earlier.....
  • Options
    slickricslickric Posts: 705
    Goatmilk:
    Speaking of gurkha I left a gurkha sampler in the toilet earlier.....
    BAHAhahahahahahahahahaha
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    I don't think this was my first order but, it was the oldest one on the list.

Ashton VSG Belicoso No. 1,
    Arturo Fuente Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario Robusto
    Davidoff Millennium Series Robusto (Tubed)
    God of Fire 2006 Robusto Tubos by Don Carlos
    God of Fire 2006 Double Robusto Tubos by Carlito
    Arturo Fuente OpusX Perfecxion X
    Free Offer: Man O' War Taster Pack, PA Broadleaf Maduro 3-Cigar Sampler
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    KCW:
    I don't think this was my first order but, it was the oldest one on the list.

Ashton VSG Belicoso No. 1,
    Arturo Fuente Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario Robusto
    Davidoff Millennium Series Robusto (Tubed)
    God of Fire 2006 Robusto Tubos by Don Carlos
    God of Fire 2006 Double Robusto Tubos by Carlito
    Arturo Fuente OpusX Perfecxion X
    Free Offer: Man O' War Taster Pack, PA Broadleaf Maduro 3-Cigar Sampler
    That's a nice order.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    mine was...

my initial COTM club

Cigar.com Ultimate 3x5 Belicoso Combo

5 Vegas Collected Works Sampler

Man O' War Variety Sampler

La Perla Habana Morado Robusto 5 pack
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    6/3/09. Had no clue about cigars and had always just bought singles at B&Ms, choosing them on whim. Pretty much did the same thing with my first c.com order:

1 C.com Cameroon robusto
    1 C.com Cuban label churchill
    1 C.com Purple label corona
    1 Fonseca Habana Select cosacos
    1 ACID Blondie (first and last infused stick)
    1 C.com Brazilian corona
    1 RP Fusion churchill
    1 RP Double Maduro churchill
    2 Verdadero Organic robusto
    5 Gurkha Park Avenue Torpedo
    1 Rocky Patel Perfect 10 Sampler (2 Sun Growns, 1990, 1992, OWR maddie and corojo, Edge habano and maddie, Connecticut)

Pretty sure I still have one of the RP Edges and think I still have that C.Com cuban label churchill at the bottom of the humi
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Mine's too old for my order history but I remember it fairly well. I basically decided to jump in head first, so I ordered a year of CotM. At that time, it came with the ccom smokey humidor and on top of that they had a promo where orders over a certain dollar amount got a free RP sampler. I don't remember everything that came in that sampler, but I do know two of them were the RP Sungrown and RP Olde World Maduro, both of which blew me away. The first month of CotM at that time was a Gurkha sampler, of which I think I still have one...either the Beast or Titan, I can't remember right now. I was definitely more impressed with the RP sticks than the Gurkha. That either before their QC went downhill or I was just that much a n00b.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    on top of that they had a promo where orders over a certain dollar amount got a free RP sampler. I don't remember everything that came in that sampler, but I do know two of them were the RP Sungrown and RP Olde World Maduro, both of which blew me away.
    My 1st purchase was too old to be in their system too, but I save my invoices to keep track of dates etc. I'll bet that RP sampler is the one I got too - the RP Perfect 10 Sampler? They hit you up for it upon checkout - it was a hell of a deal too - $24.95 for 10 sticks. Like you, I too was more impressed by the RPs than anything else from my early purchases.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine was some kinda "super premium" Gurkha tin. The tin was cool! Cigars, not so much. They may have been dry, as I stored em in the tin when I went to the beach, but I smoked em pretty quickly. This sampler may have been the one mentioned earlier.... hand-rolled by.. a sphincter.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Heavy:
    Ken Light:
    on top of that they had a promo where orders over a certain dollar amount got a free RP sampler. I don't remember everything that came in that sampler, but I do know two of them were the RP Sungrown and RP Olde World Maduro, both of which blew me away.
    My 1st purchase was too old to be in their system too, but I save my invoices to keep track of dates etc. I'll bet that RP sampler is the one I got too - the RP Perfect 10 Sampler? They hit you up for it upon checkout - it was a hell of a deal too - $24.95 for 10 sticks. Like you, I too was more impressed by the RPs than anything else from my early purchases.
    Could have been, unless the Decade is in that sampler. This was pre-decade, I remember clearly when that one came out. This sampler actually led to my second order, when I e-mailed a rep, I think Jeff Jackson, and asked him to put together a sampler of other Rockys I hadn't tried yet. In that one I got my first ITC Maduro (not the triple fuerte one, the original) which was also a big wow cigar for me. Actually, come to think of it, that cigar is what I'm smoking in my pic on here. Go figure.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Mine was just some singles, like 7, of various connecticuts. A few weeks later I got an email from Tim, and it kinda went downhill from there! =)