jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
another gone too young! CLICKHERE

Comments

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    DANG !!!
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Brilliant talent ruined by drugs and Bobby Brown.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crack kills. Sad, she had so much talent.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Who saw that coming?
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah man that really sucks! Always loved her had really hoped things would have changed for her when she got divorced.
  • Options
    Good riddance.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    jasonusa1:
    Good riddance.
    damn dude.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    jasonusa1:
    Good riddance.
    exactly. She was very talented singer. There are lots of talented singers, though. She was a terrible role model and the epitome of a selfish, ignorant, diva. I for one will not miss her. I will stick to Etta James and Gladys Knight.
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Pretty sad when people have a talent like that and just throw it all away.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    OJ did it.
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    Iwould rather hear about a man that is broke and fives any extra cash to charities That died than concern my self with all these ASSHAT singers and actors that die. If she had kids than I feel bad they lost a mother...that's about it though. Society puts to much into celebraties....they r just another person.
  • Options
    deejmemixx:
    Iwould rather hear about a man that is broke and fives any extra cash to charities That died than concern my self with all these ASSHAT singers and actors that die. If she had kids than I feel bad they lost a mother...that's about it though. Society puts to much into celebraties....they r just another person.
    or the men and women that put their lives on the line to protect our country everyday
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    jj20030:
    deejmemixx:
    or the men and women thar put their lives on the line to protect our country everyday

I'll give a big AMEN to that .
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Crack is whack.
  • Options
    dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Just another druggie.
  • Options
    slickricslickric Posts: 705
    she wouldn't have made a big deal about it if i died so i'm not too heartbroken over it. does it suck that someone died, yah. does it effect me, no.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    slickric:
    she wouldn't have made a big deal about it if i died so i'm not too heartbroken over it. does it suck that someone died, yah. does it effect me, no.
    I'm starting not to like you for some reason..cant really put my finger on it..but when I figure it out I will let you know. Sorry for hijacking this thread but I had to respond.

RIP Whitney Houston.
  • Options
    slickricslickric Posts: 705
    smoke em if you got em:
    slickric:
    I'm starting not to like you for some reason..cant really put my finger on it..but when I figure it out I will let you know. Sorry for hijacking this thread but I had to respond.

RIP Whitney Houston.
    i'm sorry to hear that
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I never feel much sympathy for people like her. She gets everything and then dies from drugs and drinky. Makes no sense. The pedestal our country uses for celebs, I don't understand it.
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    slickric:
    Agreed
  • Options
    GoatmilkGoatmilk Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    I hear Bobby tried to revive her but the repeated punches to the face didn't suffice for CPR.

Too soon?
  • Options
    well she did sing a great star spangled banner video CLICKHERE
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Jokes aside, I don't understand bashing her. Arguably, she was better at her craft than about 99 percent of the rest of the world is at theirs. I personally didn't like her music, but I respected her unique talent. What do I care if she did drugs. The only person she hurt was herself and maybe her family. My best friend from childhood died of a drug overdose in his early 20s. He was one of the smartest, funniest, nicest guys I knew. No one took shots at him after he died just because he did too many drugs. now I can understand taking shots at a culture/society that makes people like her out to be something they're not or elevate them to a place they didn't necessarily want or ask for.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Another Sensless Death of a Musician who wouldnt Surrender to her disease. im stil trying to wrap my head around the Meida Insanity of this washed up Star... she hasnt been relevent in the music world for a long time... she has made seevral attempts at " Comebacks" only to fall vicitm to her desire to get High. I work with addicts every day, I se this All the time ...... Money, Hangerson , People who want to be in the Circle... all eneable those they are feeding off of when Fame is in the picture.
    Glorifying Drug addiction, is ALWAYS A BAD MOVE......... You can Blame Booby Brown, or whoever but ultimatley She was the one that chose to continue on the path she started Well before Booby Brown....Sad but True......NEXT!
  • Options
    SalemSalem Posts: 717
    I loved her music back in the day, but was very upset that she let her life and career get flushed down the toilet with drugs. To me, that is a waste. A horrible waste of life and talent. I was saddened at her death, but that is the way of drug addicts usually. Still I am saddened.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Luko:
    Arguably, she was better at her craft than about 99 percent of the rest of the world is at theirs. I personally didn't like her music, but I respected her unique talent.
    Dead or alive....stoned or sober. She is still better than Gaga.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    skweekz:
    Luko:
    Arguably, she was better at her craft than about 99 percent of the rest of the world is at theirs. I personally didn't like her music, but I respected her unique talent.
    not a chance....Whitney sang other peoples music.. She didnt write much if anything and played no insturments.....she justhad a decent voice and atone time was a good looking women. She couldnt carry Gagas suitcase. I love how Gagas being different and her appearence makes people think she is talentless......
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Redtailhawkoz:
    skweekz:
    Luko:
    not a chance....Whitney sang other peoples music.. She didnt write much if anything and played no insturments.....she justhad a decent voice and atone time was a good looking women. She couldnt carry Gagas suitcase. I love how Gagas being different and her appearence makes people think she is talentless......
    +1......good assessment Oz
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Vulchor:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    skweekz:
    Luko:
    +1......good assessment Oz
    First, I fear GaGa's suitcase. Who knows what in the hell you might find in there! The thing wears MEAT DRESSES fer Chrissakes - what might her panties be made out of??? BLEEECH!!!! :-)

I think she would get more respect for her craft if she dropped the ridiculous schtick and just made music.

• Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    The Sniper:
    I think she would get more respect for her craft if she dropped the ridiculous schtick and just made music.

Exactly right. I don't care if she knows 5 languages and plays 15 instruments at an orchestra level. Drop the bullcrap and the lame diva attitude (I am fully aware that Whitney had the same attitude), and be a musician. Over the top offensive entertainer can be left to people on CNN and MSNBC.