Home Cigar 101

How do you keep track of what you have/had?

2»

Comments

• bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Google Docs spreadsheet for easy access from computer or phone. I just keep basic info like date of purchase, price, where I got it, ring, lenth, and wrapper on the main page. If there is anything notable, whether good or bad, I will jot that down for future reference to see if the next has the same characteristics.

I have two other sheets besides the inventory. One is where I keep a list of wants so I can jot them down and the other is a list of notable smokes that I want to keep an inventory of or would buy again. I don't have a particularly good memory so it's nice to have that as a basic reference.
  • Found this piece of furniture in the garage. Cleaned it up and think it would be a fun/creative way to store cigar bands. It has different size slots for the bigger bands and everything. Needs a touch up here and there as you can see, but it should work. Not sure if I'm going to just put the bands in chronologically or come up with a rating system. We'll see, just thought it was cool!

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude that is BAD-AZZ, I would LOVE to have something like that to do something just like that!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Thanks man! I hoped it would be appreciated :)
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jaydabomb88 - that's pretty BAMF. I bet that will look great hanging on the wall and it's a cool way to display your cigar bands.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    I use the rate my cigar app for android market. Really grest app.
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    Is there an app for the iPad ?
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    What was it's original use?
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    jlmarta:
    deejmemixx:
    photographic memory

Yeah, riiigghhtt!
    no, am quiet serious, may not remember then name but if I see the band on I will knowif I smoked it and also remember if I liked it or not. Same way with movies.
  • tincup703tincup703 Posts: 58
    A friend of mine uses a simple box used to file business cards. He uses a glue stick to attach the band on a standard business card blank and on the back he lists where he got it, what he paid for it and a mini-review of the cigar. He then files it for future reference.
    I was thinking an old fashioned desk top rolodex would work as well. The blanks are still sold at any office supply store and are pretty cheap.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    I just know what I have. My problem is when I enter in my Man Cave, I walk around half an hour, open couple humidors and can't decide what to smoke. It is fun for me and also remind me what I have. I enjoy the confusing moment.
    rzaman:
    I just know what I have. My problem is when I enter in my Man Cave, I walk around half an hour, open couple humidors and can't decide what to smoke. It is fun for me and also remind me what I have. I enjoy the confusing moment.
    well just send me the ones that you are not sure about :D
  • azjerry1azjerry1 Posts: 1
    I use a Humidor notes notebook. it let's you keep track of all the info you want.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    LOL..good one
    deejmemixx:
    rzaman:
    rzaman:
    LOL..good one
    deejmemixx:
    rzaman:
    just hate seeing a BORK confused is all :D
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    Great idea! I just keep the bans in a envlope for now. might have to graduate to the binder.
    ***bandsNecro
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Memory. For what it is. I like finding sticks I've forgotten about so I don't keep up on it very much.
  • variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    I made a spreadsheet on the iPad (you will need the Numbers app) to help me keep track of my sticks. If anyone is interested, PM and I'll email you a copy. It requires a small learning curve but once you get the hang of it, it's a piece of cake.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    variant2:
    I made a spreadsheet on the iPad (you will need the Numbers app) to help me keep track of my sticks. If anyone is interested, PM and I'll email you a copy. It requires a small learning curve but once you get the hang of it, it's a piece of cake.

ugh this would take a long time!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    variant2:

ugh this would take a long time!!
    That would take way more discipline than I have.
    I can't even take the time to fill out one of those humidor apps to keep track of anything.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    I just keep the band, use a ballpoint pen and write on the back of it the maker name, name from the front, style, and on a scale from 0-5 (0=bad/5=great) my opinion on it.
     I know this sounds very simple but it works just fine for me, the only issue for me is the smaller bands making me write smaller :) I keep the bands in separate little file boxes in my desk -1 set for each level 0-5