Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Advice..

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
This has nothing to do with cigars or this forum but I needed some advice. I sold a collectible online on a forum, and I got a message today from the buyer. They want me to return all funds including shipping for the item because it has a chip on it. For me I was amazed. I am very **** on my stuff so to hear this, I just can't believe it. The item wasn't insured as I do recommend that in my thread however from what he described it could have happened when he removed the item. I asked for a picture however I am a bit unsure how to go about this. I have been boned before for selling stuff to a buyer online however that was with paypal. Now that is not a factor. I either return the item, and eat double shipping, and now have an item that is damaged. Or I deny the exchange and get backlash from this buyer on the forum. I really have no idea what to do. Well I do know I don't want to eat the cost and have a damaged item. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Caveat Emptor. He knew the risks when he bought the item. If you feel bad about, maybe a partial refund, but still - he could've gotten it insured or gone through something like ebay.
  • Options
    Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Agreed Offer to either take it back and you pay the cost of return shipping and get it insured. Or just offer a partial maybe like %10 or %20 of the cost depending on the item. Thats how we would handle it.
  • Options
    slickricslickric Posts: 705
    pm
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    thanks for the help.
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    See...I'm more leary of scumbags. You KNOW if that was chipped before!! Its a collectible. I'm sure you took great care of it. Once its in the box and sent...the risk is on him. As for the negative feedback, you are allowed a rebutal for other to see as well. He knew the risk, opted to take it the chance and now wants you to eat it instead of him.