Home General Discussion
Options

Best way to spend $50

My stick count is getting really low. I plan on putting some of our tax return to fix that. I am going to get the punch seconds and have about $50 left over. I am trying to stock up, but can't decide on what to get. Ideas?

Comments

• Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    If it were me, I'd go AJ fresh rolled.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Box of Est. 1844?
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    all 3 sound great, maybe the aj. seconds
  • Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    I would shop on the sprint sale. They have plenty of sticks and samplers that go for like 20 bucks. Get a few of those.
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    UNDERCROWN!!!! Get em and you'll never look back! hahahaha. Call a rep on ccom and see what they can do, tell them what your preferences are, what you like, what you don't and what you're looking to spend. Most of the time they can stretch your wallet and set you up with some good smokes. Just my 2 pennies.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    OchoZacho:
    UNDERCROWN!!!! Get em and you'll never look back! hahahaha. Call a rep on ccom and see what they can do, tell them what your preferences are, what you like, what you don't and what you're looking to spend. Most of the time they can stretch your wallet and set you up with some good smokes. Just my 2 pennies.
    Exactly
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Box of Est. 1844?
    +1 These are a great cigar for the price.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any of the house blends, depending on your preference.....

OR....if you haven't had any of them/want some variety, go for the House Blends Robusto Super Sampler which has 3 of each blend....can't go wrong with 24 cigars for $49.95.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    slickricslickric Posts: 705
    OchoZacho:
    i definately agree here
  • Options
    SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    Trident:
    I would shop on the sprint sale. They have plenty of sticks and samplers that go for like 20 bucks. Get a few of those.
    I would have to agree. With patience, you can get some really good deals, but also you can let some other deals slip through your fingers by waiting a millisecond too long before you hit the "buy now" then the "confirm" button. Remember, its one lot, with many ogling eyes contemplating the "buy now" button, and someone might beat you to it. But still have patience. In 2 months, I've bought about 250 cigars on the sprintsale, plus a few accessories. Just have patience.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    OchoZacho:
    can't argue with this line of thinking . . . the undercrowns are fantastic and sales reps actually do know magic, but don't forget about Diesels. there are a lot of great deals on Diesels both in samplers and though a rep.
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    All of the options listed above sound great imo. I say stock up on some sticks that you enjoy day in and day out. Lately I have been watching the sprint site and have landed some great deals. But like the brothers mentioned you can always call in and see what the reps can do.

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I'd consider Diesel unlimited. Tim would probably give u a good deal. I've gotten a few boxes in the past and it usually comes out around $3/cigar.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    If it were me, I'd definitely check out a box of Blue Label coronas, amazing smoke at a good price.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    A lot of excellent ideas here. To me it depends on what you want. If you can find a sampler that has a bunch of sticks you love or want to try, that would give you a little more variety in the diet going forward so to speak. If there is a certain stick you're in love with, definitely work on stocking up on those.

PM sent.

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    The best 50 dollars I ever spent on cigars was right here with the Best of Show Sampler 2011. Check it out.
  • Options
    So Tim put together a package for me including the punch second, Doppleboks, and diesels.
  • Options
    rburke1129rburke1129 Posts: 386
    kaspera79:
    The best 50 dollars I ever spent on cigars was right here with the Best of Show Sampler 2011. Check it out.

+1!!!!!
    Sorry I'm late, but a manure spreader jack-knifed on the Santa Anna.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    rossdavey2:
    So Tim put together a package for me including the punch second, Doppleboks, and diesels.
    This is why "The Beard" is a legend. He always knows how to maximize a cigar budget.