Home General Discussion
Options

New San Lotano cigar

AJ just posted a video on Facebook of a new San Lotano release coming out this summer. What a tease!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    He wouldn't even reveal the name!
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Def excited to see what it is. I don't know how he's gonna top the oval though
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Might as well put me down for a box now. Card is on file.
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    A new San Lotano...uh oh. This will be interesting to see what comes out! I love the Oval!
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Is this different from the San lotano oval maduro he's coming out with
  • Options
    big chunks:
    I believe it is. I could be mistaken but I do believe it is a totally new blend. I haven't seen the video so I'm not 100% on what was said on it
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    big chunks:
    I'm pretty sure it is. Other than Alex's video, there's no other info on it and though I know there are a few exceptions, the cigar in the video isn't dark enough to be a maduro. It looks more like a sumatra, light habano, or sungrown connie to me.

Link to video is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-JjVO-9eP0&context=C30d8d41ADOEgsToPDskJc2iOLWRV5oQkawQjYH8-4
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    When I talked with Alex on the phone the other day, he told me about this cigar and said he was sure it was Cuban from the look and flavor, but is is Nicaraguan.
    Alex said AJ goes back to Cuba and has learned a new fermentation process and tested the tobacco to get the result he was looking for for this blend, Alex says this will change the game once again.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohn:
    When I talked with Alex on the phone the other day, he told me about this cigar and said he was sure it was Cuban from the look and flavor, but is is Nicaraguan.
    Alex said AJ goes back to Cuba and has learned a new fermentation process and tested the tobacco to get the result he was looking for for this blend, Alex says this will change the game once again.
    This is very intriguing and exciting. I wonder how this will change the new stuff coming out from his camp and wonder if any of the existing blends will be affected by the new fermentation process.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    ShotgunJohn:

Alex also told me about something new coming out in the future but said AJ didn't come up with a name for it yet. I suggested he name it after me (I don't think my suggestion is gonna fly though).
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Let's see, the new blend. The San Lotano Skweekz. Sounds okay to me, :)...
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    there are still a ton of people out there that dont realize/believe that AJ knows what the heck he is doing despite the success of many of his blends. with that in mind, without actually tasting this new cigar i wonder how "Cubanesque" it really is.
    will this suffer from the cigar version of Godwin's law? (the larger an online discussion gets the more likely one is to mention Hitler in a comparison. the cigar world is roughly the same but the more one describes a cigar the more likely Cuba is to be mentioned. ) even if it IS ACTUALLY "Cubanesque" how many people will discount it because it is supposed to? there will always be someone who will say it is not at all.

personally, im just excited that its another San Lotano.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Wow, this is news to me. I'm a huge fan of the San Lotano line. I don't put much stock into hype or anything, so people talking about if it's "cubanesque" won't sway me one way or another. I'm going to smoke a few of them and see if I like them. If I do, great...if I don't...oh well I'll just stick with the Habano and Oval ;)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    skweekz:
    ShotgunJohn:

Alex also told me about something new coming out in the future but said AJ didn't come up with a name for it yet. I suggested he name it after me (I don't think my suggestion is gonna fly though).
    Well, whatever it is, I wish he'd put it out in a corona gorda.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Excited for this one. Oval was one of the better cigars of this past year IMO. When I met AJ late last year, he and Clay actually gave me a pair of cigars that were supposed to be a blend they were testing. I smoked one that night, and still have the other, but it was VERY good. From what I understood (AJ's English is... very broken...) it was a similar blend to the Oval, but had a higher ligero percentage. If this new cigar is a version of that blend, I'm in.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    "Cuban-esque" is less important to me than "AJ-esque". The guy usually "gets it" with his blends. He's going to be very celebrated in a few years.
  • Options
    RianRian Posts: 30
    Has anyone heard more about this "new" SL? Curious to know if we have a name and release date yet.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Pinolero, it's a B&M cigar and it was just released. I have no idea when it will hit, and I am weary of him goig after the cubanesque market but am stoked to try it.
  • Options
    RCY Cigars:
    Let's see, the new blend. The San Lotano Skweekz. Sounds okay to me, :)...
    Jaysys H Christ! Now I gotta clean off my monitor, because the coffee I was drinking just went all over it. Thanks a lot Rick!
  • Options
    RianRian Posts: 30
    awesome. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss the ship when it sailed lol.
  • Options
    JDH:
    skweekz:
    ShotgunJohn:

Well, whatever it is, I wish he'd put it out in a corona gorda.
    Please God, let it be so!
  • Options
    beatnic:
    AJ just posted a video on Facebook of a new San Lotano release coming out this summer. What a tease!!!!!!
    Hey, summer is just about over...what gives?
  • Options
    JDH:
    beatnic:
    Hey, summer is just about over...what gives?
    Andy said it is a B&M only release, assuming we are talking about the Pinolero. I am waiting on my shop owner to give the scoop on when it hits, hopefully soon as the pre release reviews were good that I've seen.
  • Options
    San latano rep said 3 weeks, which means 4-6 till they hit stores.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy enough with the little devils so I'm in no rush but I am diing to try the new Oliva!!!!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    These aught to be hittin soon
  • Options
    Any day now....