Home General Discussion
Options

is my deck on fire?

Geez, I smoked an Ave Maria Arc of the Covenant, that fat little bomb (4.5x60) put out more smoke than any cigar I have ever had!
Perfect burn, quality tobacco flavors (hints of chocolate/leathery creaminess)....I will be getting more of these.

Comments

• Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Man I've only had one Ave Maria - it was the corona vitola from the AJ sampler. Is the Arc of the Covenant drastically different than the other vitolas? A different blend? I wasn't terribly thrilled with the corona but to be fair I've only had the one and don't remember much about it (other than not being thrilled with it) so I'm definitely going to revisit at some point.
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Heavy:
    Man I've only had one Ave Maria - it was the corona vitola from the AJ sampler. Is the Arc of the Covenant drastically different than the other vitolas? A different blend? I wasn't terribly thrilled with the corona but to be fair I've only had the one and don't remember much about it (other than not being thrilled with it) so I'm definitely going to revisit at some point.
    I'm no expert by any means, not even close.
    I have only had the Knights Templar, and the Arc, and both were awesome.
    Just looked back at my notes - the Knights Templar put out lots of smoke too....but nothing like the Arc just did....sheesh!
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    I had the exact same experience heavy. Only smoke one ave Maria, same size the corona whatever its named in that line. I was incredibly bummed by how little I enjoyed it is all I remember. To also be fair I only tried that one. I have heard elsewhere that the short stubby Gordo is the fav of some people if I recall correctly. Anyone else feel blah about the corona but can say they liked other sizes?
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've heard so many great things about the Arc of the Covenant. Just trying to figure out if it's a case of different strokes for different folks, or if this thing's a completely different animal.
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    I haven't had that violta but I hear its a great smoke!! I should just jump on a 5 pk.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tried the Ave in the robusto size it was a good smoke but I've had much better for much cheaper. Wasn't terribly impressed.maybe I'll revisit it when I get home see if I still feel the same.
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Heavy:
    I had the same one with a similar experience.