Home General Discussion

Prized Stick

So I was wondering...What is your guys prized stick in your humidor? Mine is probably some opus x lost cities or a CC Siglo V

Comments

• Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    It was a RyJ Churchill from 1997, but I used that to bomb my man Greg with...now its a Cohiba 2011EL 1966 from Marker
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    2 Casillas Governators (thanks Marty!)......already smoked the two MTuccelli gifted me (thanks Mike!)

• DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Cohiba Sublime 2004, Cohiba DC 2003, Cohiba Gran Reserva, Montecristo Gran Reserva
  • 415415 Posts: 951
    Diamondog:
    Cohiba Sublime 2004, Cohiba DC 2003, Cohiba Gran Reserva, Montecristo Gran Reserva
    CGR...... i wish.....
    Don carlos shark. sand shark.
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    pfffft..........those aren't that great
    I have some awesome, well aged GH2002s, that, being the generous sort that I am, I would be willing to trade to you, so that you can experience a solid daily smoke.
    Just let me know

• oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    I don't really have anything special in terms of age, vintage, or limited edition. The one I am the most set on saving, though, is my Ave Maria Reconquista. The oldest cigar I know the date of for sure is 2 months.
  • SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    Believe it or not, my last three 5 Vegas Gran Reserva Cask Strength original blends, or my CAO Sopranos Soldiers with 6 years on them. I do have others, Partagas, VSGs, Opus X, Anejos, various other Fuente blends, that are 5+ years old. So basically to answer your question, all my cigars with a lot of age on them. I save them for very special occasions, for myself and close friends when good things happen in our lives.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    umm.....i think i still have a Romeo Y Julieta Habana Reserve and maybe a Tatuaje Havana VI in my little stash. Far sight from what yall are mentioning.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    My prized sticks were the same as DD's but damn alarm had too wake me up
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SaVas:
    Believe it or not, my last three 5 Vegas Gran Reserva Cask Strength original blends,
    I believe it!!! I'm on a mission to find one now that I know the history.

Most prized cigar (related item) - glass top humi w/ my initials engraved on it. It was a bday gift from my now fianc

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• kevin1323kevin1323 Posts: 294
    Partagas Serie P #2
  • cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    Opus charity box from 2005.
  • chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    cooch36:
    Opus charity box from 2005.
    speechless, how many have you sampled?
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Black and Mild Wood Tip b!tches!
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    I got a GoF I'll probably smoke tomorrow. After that...I'm not so sure. I have some MF No.1 and some LeBijous. My Father is my fav line of smokes!
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    winner
  • 415415 Posts: 951
    lcpleel:
    ENFIDL:
    winner
    +1 thanks
  • Right now it is a Gurkha Beauty that's been aging for about 7 months. It was given to me as a gift. It will be enjoyed on a very special occasion.
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Cohiba Sublimes 2004, Cohiba Esplendidos 2008, Cohiba Reserva (5 sizes) 2002, San Christobal de la Habana 2001, a few others, like Cohiba Maduro 5 Genios, R&J Short churchill, hell, my entire ISOM humi would fall into that catagory for me, anyway.

• bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all honesty, my most prized stick is the next one that I smoke. Then it will be the one after that. Etc., etc., etc.,. As a good friend once said, it is just a cigar until it is smoked; then it becomes an experience.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Last year and last month I smoked all my "prized sticks". I still have a few rarities but the big dogs have all been smoked. The DAGAs, Maduro Genios 5s, and P150 all got dusted. I guess in my current stash, I would have to say LFD El Museo or Tat Wolfman. I know, not that rare but its what I got.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Probably one that has more sentimental value than rarity, I still have a La Aurora Preferido Sapphire en Tubo that I got from my very first Ccom trade. It was early 2009 and a great brother who's no longer active, plaidbanana1, gave it to me among others. I'm not sure when I'll set fire to it.
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    For me it would have to be the Cohiba Siglo V I was gifted from a brother on this forum. Gonna smoke it in July for my 30th birthday.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I have an Anejo Shark that I got from Rick in the first bomb I was ever hit with. If I had to empty my humi, it would def be the last to go.
  • big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    bandyt09:
    In all honesty, my most prized stick is the next one that I smoke. Then it will be the one after that. Etc., etc., etc.,. As a good friend once said, it is just a cigar until it is smoked; then it becomes an experience.
    That's the way I got to start thinking, I have some "special" smokes but I don't think that perfect time will be soon enough, I think I should just smoke them, theres always gonna be special smokes to buy
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    I smoked my "prized" stick on my b-day a couple of weeks ago. It was a Liga Privada No. 9 that had over a years rest on it. It was great. Right now I would say it's either a Oliva V with 1 1/2 years rest or a Cohiba Edicion Limitada 2010 with just over a years rest on it. But really, anything sitting in my long term humi are prized by me. These are the sticks that I will not touch until a special occasion comes up.

Rob
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Bobbo2009:
    Cohiba Edicion Limitada 2010

2010?

I have some vintage stuff that is pretty special to me.
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    Bobbo2009:

2010?

Yep. One of the fine brothers here hooked me up (won't name names). I am going to sit on that baby for as long as I can. I hope I can wait until a special moment to light it up. Maybe 4 years from now for my 40th b-day!

Rob
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Viaje Zombies
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Bobbo2009:
    docbp87:
    Bobbo2009:

2010?

Yep. One of the fine brothers here hooked me up (won't name names). I am going to sit on that baby for as long as I can. I hope I can wait until a special moment to light it up. Maybe 4 years from now for my 40th b-day!

Rob
    Hate to break it to ya, but they didn't make a Cohiba EL in 2010. HSA did Partagas, RyJ and H Upmann. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you have a fauxhiba.

edit: living in the past here...not RyJ and Upmann,...Monte and Trinidad.