Home General Discussion
Options

So much for Hawaii:(

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well looks like my Hawaii trip won't pan out but might be going to Vegas mid March. Probably stay at the Golden Nugget downtown. Any recommendations on sights and attraction, cigar lounges/shops? Of course I plan on at least poking my head in at Fuentes, is that at the strip by BTW?

Comments

• Options
    ug danug dan Posts: 375
    Yeah Casa Fuente is in Caesars Palace in thier shopping area
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casa Fuente is in the Forum Shops at Cesars Palace under the escalator. Davidoff store is in the Venetian, fun to look but EXPENSIVE to buy. If you are a baseball fan and are going to be there the weekend of the 17 - 18 the Cubs v. Rangers will be playing at Cashman Field; tickets went on sale this past Monday (2/13) and it sells out every year so get them soon.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    Casa Fuente is in the Forum Shops at Cesars Palace under the escalator. Davidoff store is in the Venetian, fun to look but EXPENSIVE to buy. If you are a baseball fan and are going to be there the weekend of the 17 - 18 the Cubs v. Rangers will be playing at Cashman Field; tickets went on sale this past Monday (2/13) and it sells out every year so get them soon.
    Cubs fan Todd?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    Looks like well be staying at the Luxor flying in on the 19th leave the 23rd. Never been before got ticket to a cirque de solie show so that'll be cool.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Looks like well be staying at the Luxor flying in on the 19th leave the 23rd. Never been before got ticket to a cirque de solie show so that'll be cool.

Yeah, the Cirque de Soleil is fantastic. And they keep coming up with new shows. Well worth seeing.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I saw Cirque's show La Nouba in Orlando. Never would have thought I'd like the show as much as I did.
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    bandyt09:
    Cubs fan Todd?
    I love the Cubbies. Big time National League fan but still root for the Angels.

For me the baseball season hasn't officially started since Harry Carey died.
  • Options
    Rhamlin:
    Looks like you are flying in when I am flying out. I try to leave some money for you. If it is a bad trip for me you'll know as all the neon lights in Vegas will be lit up, lol.
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    check out le reve at the wynn, one of the best shows i've seen

then after the show, or before, go to win lee, at the wynn, get the fried lobster, off menu, runs about $75 per order, but never ate anything like it before.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trust me bro, my wife and I have family in Vegas and you do not want to stay at the Nugget if you plan to stay off the strip stay at the Hilton or the Station better rooms and less likely to get ripped off. There are some pretty good things to see on the strip, my wife is kind of weird so she suggests what naughty things she just suggested but there are lots of neat bars like the ice bar, the best thing to do is get the all day pass for the strip bus so you can go anywhere without a cab, saves money.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    If you're staying at the Luxor, get really drunk and ride the hellevators, the elevators that go up sideways. It's a weird feeling.
    But seriously, living in Las Vegas (although working overseas), is really nice. We live in Summerlin, in the northwest part of Las Vegas. Nice and quiet, you don't even realize you're in Vegas unless you step outside and look at the hotels off in the distance.
    If you're a golfer, definitely take your clubs.
    Like I warn everyone else, DO NOT buy anything at the Bahama Mama's kiosk at the airport. Nice selection of sticks, but even more expensive than Casa Fuente.

• Options
    Thanks for all the tips. Now I'm thinking about fried lobster! Never heard of it except for those crappy lobster bites that Long John Silver has.
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Thanks for all the tips. Now I'm thinking about fried lobster! Never heard of it except for those crappy lobster bites that Long John Silver has.
    trust me, not long john stuff...LOL. Every time I go Vegas, that is a spot I visit just for the fried lobster. Also, while there, grab the shrimp toast for app. Its fantastic. For a good steak, Carnevino in Palazzo is great. BOA Steak house, which is actually above Casa Fuente is also good. Pretty much all the steak places are great. Tons to do and great top notch products.
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Rhamlin:
    Another awesome show is Penn and Teller at the Rio.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:

Is it the Cirque show at Luxor? If so, it's Criss Angel BeLIEve. My wife and I saw it a couple years ago when we stayed there and loved it.

And the sideways elevators are called inclinators. It's a freaky weird feeling going up sideways...and they rattle like crazy.
  • Options
    skweekz:
    Rhamlin:

Is it the Cirque show at Luxor? If so, it's Criss Angel BeLIEve. My wife and I saw it a couple years ago when we stayed there and loved it.

And the sideways elevators are called inclinators. It's a freaky weird feeling going up sideways...and they rattle like crazy.
    Not sure if it's at the Luxor my wife booked the package but I would assume it is. That would be neat , love Chris Angel.