Home General Discussion

Fathers day gifts

I think it would be kinda cool if everyone would post what cigar or cigar swag they get for fathers day. I've already put a bug in my wife's ear of what I want we will see.

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I think I would like another Humidor. Maybe a 100 count that I can put any future overstock in..Then there is a good reason to add to that one since I will have so much available space. I'll start leaving cigar magazine laying around the house with pages folded over and items circled. Along with dot.com web addresses. Think she'll get the hint ?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im not a father, but my Dad is. heres what im getting him:
    two (2) 5 vegas series A toro
    two (2) Gurkha Regent Toros
    two (2) CAO Italia "gondola"
    one (1) Fuente Don carlos No. 2.
    one (1) La Aurora 100 anos belicoso

he usually buys low end cigars( under $2.50 each). He wont splurge on himself, someone has to do it.

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    im not a father, but my Dad is. heres what im getting him:
    two (2) 5 vegas series A toro
    two (2) Gurkha Regent Toros
    two (2) CAO Italia "gondola"
    one (1) Fuente Don carlos No. 2.
    one (1) La Aurora 100 anos belicoso

he usually buys low end cigars( under $2.50 each). He wont splurge on himself, someone has to do it.

Nice selection kuzi, you always gotta splurge on dad, I know how that goes and I never mind.... I figure I can't pay him back what I owe him in my life time, but damn it all if I won't try.

Joe
    Lucky for you both that your dads enjoy cigars. when mine sees me with a cigar he just shakes his head and says " you still smoke those?" My retort is "yeah, wanna try one ? " he has not yet accepted the offer. Maybe one day....
  • kaspera79:
    Lucky for you both that your dads enjoy cigars. when mine sees me with a cigar he just shakes his head and says " you still smoke those?" My retort is "yeah, wanna try one ? " he has not yet accepted the offer. Maybe one day....
    Haha... my dad would probably *** himself if I sent him cigars for father's day, much less found out I smoke them myself. When I was younger my mom, sister and I would all chastise him endlessly for smoking (he mostly smoked cigarettes... we bugged him less for smoking a pipe, but he hardly ever did that).
    kaspera79:
    I should have mentioned that I would buy my dad cigars if he still smoked. There was a time when he smoked cigars, then somehow he went from that to cigarettes (don't ask me how that one happened ) and eventually dropped it all together some 10 years ago. So, I just have to find other ways to pay him back.... Took him to see RUSH for his birthday this year and last, don't know about father's day yet.

Joe
    Your dad is a rush fan !! One of my favorite bands.. Those guys still rock!! They are on another tour right now ( as you know ) I have seen them about five or six times, and its amazing three guys can sound so good ... If you offered would he sit down and smoke a cigar with you now or is he REALLY a non smoker ?
    Cool, another Rush fan. They are one of my favorite bands too, I become a bigger fan every time I listen to an album of their's. Definitely an awesome concert-going experience, and I totally agree, I think pound-for-pound they've got to be the hardest rocking, most cohesive unit around today.

Ya know, the thought never occurred to me, but I don't think my dad would accept if I offered him a cigar. He quit smoking and drinking at the same time, and for him, abstaining completely is a big part of all that. And out of respect for his willpower, I wouldn't offer him one either.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i saw em last year on the snakes and arrows tour. I like em better live than in studio.
    kuzi16:
    I like em better live than in studio.
    Quoted for truth.
    That is exactly what I meant when I said It was amazing that just three guys can put it out there . In concert you keep looking at the stage for the other musicians and its just them. Music they played thirty years ago still sounds fresh