Home General Discussion
Options

Heading to Cancun

So, Im headed off to Cancun in a couple of weeks and wanted some advice on local sticks to look for. I don't plan on carrying anything with me so I will need to find something to enjoy during my visit. also, what am I allowed to bring back with me? I have heard the horror stories of confiscation and/or taxation by customs. Can anyone give me some advice on this?

Comments

• Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    brother and a few friends went for a wedding about 6 months ago and purchased a glass top cohiba 1966 box of 10 for $50. He send me the image and I told him he just purchased fakes, but then he told me one of the other guys purchased it and wanted to show me.

Don't buy Cubans there unless they have a the authorized LCDH store.
  • Options
    cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    When I went to the DR You were allowed to bring back 50 sticks. So I bought two boxes not taxes.
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    If you are looking for CC's only go to an LCDH as said before. I would say from what I saw almost every other source had fakes. Just got back from Playa del Carmen and there were shops that were rolling fresh cigars, those can be hit and miss but fun to try. I imagine it will be the same in Cancun.
  • Options
    SporusSporus Posts: 236
    Reviving this thread for any extra input:

Looks like I'm headed down there later this summer, I see everyone says LCDH or nothing, but we're staying at the Mayan Palace about 40 miles south of Cancun and the website says it has a tobacco shop. I'm sure I'd be paying resort prices, but don't want to be smoking fakies.

Hoping there's a brother out there who might have stopped through there before!