Home General Discussion
Options

Another Newbie

I have been told that it is customary to introduce one's self to others. So...My name is Jeff. I live in Royal Oak, MI. I got a wife and two kids and I work in a button factory. Joking aside...I like cigars. There are few things I can sit down with that I can enjoy this much. I have to admit I am kind of new to this world, but I have enjoyed my journey thus far. Fortunately I have had couple good friends to help me through the trials and tribulations of a newbie. I look forward to smoking some good cigars and sharing my experiences with those that can appreciate. Right now it is an AF Hemingway Maduro and a glass of Four Roses

Comments

• Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Always good to have new friends! MI has to be pretty darn cold right about now!! BURRR! SoCal herf's go every month!! Come on down Brudah! Welcom to the forum!
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome a great amount of info can be found here! Check out the new threads and welcome, we all started somewhere:-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome brother. Hemingways ftw!
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Buy a cooler....like tomorrow. Don't ask why, don't watch the sprint sale, hang on and enjoy the ride. Cheers, catfish
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Welcome, and I agree start off with as big a humidor/ cooler you can get
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    catfishbluezz:
    Buy a cooler....like tomorrow. Don't ask why, don't watch the sprint sale, hang on and enjoy the ride. Cheers, catfish
    that is sound advice indeed! Welcome aboard.
  • Options
    rburke1129rburke1129 Posts: 386
    Welcome to the forum!
    Sorry I'm late, but a manure spreader jack-knifed on the Santa Anna.
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Welcome aboard. Buy a bigger Humi...just saying!
  • Options
    Un_SubUn_Sub Posts: 210
    Welcome BOTL, and by the way, has anyone mentioned yet, you need a bigger humi?
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums, Jeff. If you ever have any questions cigar related, just search the site and I can almost guarantee you'll find the answer. If not make a post and I bet one of the BOTL will know the answer.

I've learned more about cigars in the past few months from this site and these BOTLs than anywhere else on the web or at the local shops.
    And as others suggested you'll probably want to get a bigger humi or coolidor going if you're going to stick around. And beware of the sprint sale....it's a slippery slope and a very easy way to drop some coin.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    jgibv:
    Welcome to the forums, Jeff. If you ever have any questions cigar related, just search the site and I can almost guarantee you'll find the answer. If not make a post and I bet one of the BOTL will know the answer.

I've learned more about cigars in the past few months from this site and these BOTLs than anywhere else on the web or at the local shops.
    And as others suggested you'll probably want to get a bigger humi or coolidor going if you're going to stick around. And beware of the sprint sale....it's a slippery slope and a very easy way to drop some coin.

+1 Welcome!
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum, Hemingway & Four Roses? Sounds like you're off to a good start!

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    welcome aboard brodah !!!
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Welcome!
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Welcome and what ever you do don't poke Greg
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Direwolf:
    Welcome and what ever you do don't poke Greg
    +1 LOL
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Welcome to the forum man
  • Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    Kneppers:
    I have been told that it is customary to introduce one's self to others. So...My name is Jeff. I live in Royal Oak, MI. I got a wife and two kids and I work in a button factory. Joking aside...I like cigars. There are few things I can sit down with that I can enjoy this much. I have to admit I am kind of new to this world, but I have enjoyed my journey thus far. Fortunately I have had couple good friends to help me through the trials and tribulations of a newbie. I look forward to smoking some good cigars and sharing my experiences with those that can appreciate. Right now it is an AF Hemingway Maduro and a glass of Four Roses
    just finishing up a few sips of four roses single barrel.
    welcome to the forum
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard. Your in the right place if you like cigars.