Home General Discussion
Options

Need information on humidor.

bluezulubluezulu Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
Hey all. I was able to find this humidor at a flea market for $35 bucks. I said whats the risk if it does not work. Anyway I took it to my B&M and the hydrometer works and it has a good seal. The Humidor is from The Old Scottsdale Cigar Co. and the 1800 number is not in service and google has produced dead ends. Any info would be appreciated. imageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Not sure what info you are looking for specifically. I googled it as well because it looks interesting. Seems like it was a cigar company that went out of business in 1999. Looks like they were making product for Costco for awhile. There happened to be one that sold on e-bay for $27 on 2/16/12.
  • Options
    crzydimnd68crzydimnd68 Posts: 139 ✭✭
    It looks to have been a company that distributed cigars to retailers.Once based in Scottsdale,Az.I wouldn't think your humidor was more than 15-18 years old.Probably worth what you paid for it.I would season it and see how it holds up. http://www.allbusiness.com/banking-finance/financial-markets-investing/7044644-1.html
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder if it's the same outfit that makes the Scottsdale endtable humi? Either way it looks nice live the old look to it.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Rhamlin:
    Wonder if it's the same outfit that makes the Scottsdale endtable humi? Either way it looks nice live the old look to it.
    I was wondering the same thing. Maybe whoever owns the name sold the rights for it to be associated to the endtable? Just a thought.

That is a good lookin humi and I'm excited to see if it works for ya man
  • Options
    bluezulubluezulu Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info guys. Yea seasoning it now. Gonna take a lot of sticks to fill it up to.
  • Options
    Cigar-20046095Cigar-20046095 Posts: 1
    edited October 2017
    It looks sort of like the one I have. I was trying to get an idea what it might be worth but "The Old Scottsdale Cigar Co" is out of business. I was going to try and sell it on Craig s List if I can get and idea what its worth.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $5
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    The bad thing is, most people who want old humidor want really old humidors. Like the early 1900s.

In the condition that is in, $50 would most likely be the best you will get for it, unless you find someone who likes the odd humidor.

If I didn't have a dozen or so humidors, I might be interested, but boss lady says if I get any more, then some have to go. It's gonna take a special humi for me to give up one.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not a bad lookin humidor. If you're interested in selling it let me know.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns