Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Rocky Patel Decade

124»

Comments

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    bigjohn125:
    I'll try them out, if I can find them. Thanks for the advise.
    ccom sells the RP Renn online, but the Edge Sumatra I think you'd have to call in and see because I think they're not avail to sell online yet.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    oh no-------Sumatra vs Renn again....god save us;).......As of a few weeks ago, CCom did not stock the Edge Sumatra, idk if that has changed.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I asked Tim about this and he said the ren was supposed to be the same. I would love to try to edge sumatra but I wasn't a fan of the Ren.
  • Options
    I've had both and IMO edge Sumatra was a lot better than renn. Didn't taste the same at all to me.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Heres a close up of some Decades that granneja just dropped on me.. Thank You Granny
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Those look great!!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Am I tripping or do I see what appears to be writing between the two bands on the far right, torp, I think i got a torcedors shopping list,lol
  • Options
    grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    No problem Kid, glad to share! Enjoy!
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Krieg is right----He, I and a few others here have had this debate over the Ren vs Edge and different stories we have heard and even been told my Rocky himself. The Renn IS NOT the Edge Sumatra. Not even close, and Krieg is right---the Sumatra is much better. I went so far as to smoke each at the same time one night, and then one after the other on another occasion from a different B&M........They ARE NOT the same.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Vulchor:
    Krieg is right----He, I and a few others here have had this debate over the Ren vs Edge and different stories we have heard and even been told my Rocky himself. The Renn IS NOT the Edge Sumatra. Not even close, and Krieg is right---the Sumatra is much better. I went so far as to smoke each at the same time one night, and then one after the other on another occasion from a different B&M........They ARE NOT the same.
    After lastnight I can now say I've had both, and yes the Edge Sumatra is a much better smoke IMO. In fact the Sumatra is the best RP i've ever had. That being said it still didnt make it into my top 10. Just a solid smoke. On a side note; I've heard some people say these (sumatra) are hard to find or that they are going out of production, but it seems like any b&m i'm in that carries RP has them in stock. You just dont see them on the "big" online retailer sites.
  • Options
    Tim Blythe here at Cigar.com has provided numerous occasions to buy RP Decade Torpedos for $5/each.  The deal is usually for $49.95.  It is not the normal price, so either contact TBlythe@cigar.com and ask him or get on the mailing list.  Tim provides excellent customer service and is a cool dude.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just had one of these, its been hanging out in my humi for quite a while (maybe 8-12 mo) and I have to say I didn't dig it. The draw and smoke output was fantastic, but it just didn't have any great flavor that I could get into. Not to mention it started to turn my fingers brown! That usually doesn't happen, but is a rocky phenomenon so I hear...

Another first, while touching up the ash on the end appeared to melt... it shriveled up into little droplets. I don't suspect it was oils or anything, as I've never seen that happen before with other "oily"cigars.

not trying to hate on good ol rocky, but it was just weird. I wouldn't be sad if I never saw another decade.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate to hear of your bad expierence. I haven't had one in quite a long while. But my expierence with them was great ROTT. Sounds like yours didn't benefit from aging.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Hate to hear of your bad expierence. I haven't had one in quite a long while. But my expierence with them was great ROTT. Sounds like yours didn't benefit from aging.
    Mine never got a chance to age.. Smoked five of them in about a month. I liked each and every one of them.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I smoked a Decade recently that had over 4 years of age. It wasn't bad, but I don't think it's a good aging candidate.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    So far all I've had are the limited edition decades. They weren't bad but for the money I'll take a padron 64 any day
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Rocky just isn't mything I guess. The last one that I really enjoyed was the Cargo, and that's his budget stick, haha.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I always have a few 12 year 1990 sixtys around.