Home General Discussion
Options

Anyone in the Columbus, OH area?

bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
Interested in herfing sometime? Haven't been on in a while and looking for something to do since moving to the area!

Comments

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Jay sweet Jesus where the he11 you been man??? Great to hear from you and hope all is going well. Does Kansas City count as in the Columbus, OH area? LOL Cant be that far of a drive... meet in St Louis? LOL

• Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Next time I'm in Cbus, I'll hit ya up. We'll go to Barclays and smoke a bit. My bro in law lives there. O-H
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    I don't like Columbus, too flat. I am nearby though in Picksburgh. Oh wait, Pittsburgh
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I can be there in a few hrs. Don't mind the drive. There's some nice scenery along the way from my neck of the woods. As long as it's not next month, maybe a clan of us can hit it up.
  • Options
    dennisking:
    Next time I'm in Cbus, I'll hit ya up. We'll go to Barclays and smoke a bit. My bro in law lives there. O-H

I-O! Sounds good, just email me. It's in my profile.

That goes for the rest of you guys too if you're ever in the area.

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out I want to Herf to. There's a few of us around. I'm in Huntington, WV. But stuck at work for a couple more weeks.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Check out I want to Herf to. There's a few of us around. I'm in Huntington, WV. But stuck at work for a couple more weeks.
    if there is a C-bus herf ill try and be there. the farther out it is planned the better. ill get work to work around it.
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    kuzi16:
    Rhamlin:
    if there is a C-bus herf ill try and be there. the farther out it is planned the better. ill get work to work around it.
    I have a question, what is faster drive from Akron: Columbus or Pittsburgh? Appear to be around the same.
  • Options
    scarlin:
    kuzi16:
    Rhamlin:
    I have a question, what is faster drive from Akron: Columbus or Pittsburgh? Appear to be around the same.

We'd have to find a place willing to host since my place won't work, and I'd have to know how many guys would be interested too. How does mid-late May sound for you guys?

• Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    I could maybe make mid may. We are planning something tentatively in Cincinnati for next month if you can make it.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    Rhamlin:
    Are there any good cigar lounges up your way? Takes me about the same time to get to Columbus as it does to Cincy or Louisville.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    scarlin:
    kuzi16:
    Rhamlin:
    same time but it costs me more to go to Pittsburgh. the turnpike tolls are getting worse and worse but the road is not improving at all. if i could find a way to get out there without paying an extra $20 round trip id be a bit happier.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You in Dublin? I'm on the opposite side of town between Westerville & New Albany.
    Which B&Ms do you usually hit up? - Barclays is the only one I know of on your side of the city...

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jgibv:
    You in Dublin? I'm on the opposite side of town between Westerville & New Albany.
    Which B&Ms do you usually hit up? - Barclays is the only one I know of on your side of the city...

I've been to Barclays on Federated Blvd several times in the past, but mostly I go to The Tinder Box in Karric Square, which is a cigar and pipe shop. It's walking-distance from my place.

There are several places in the C-bus area that are supposedly pretty decent. There is a place in Powell (one of the C-bus 'burbs) called House of Cigar that claims they are the largest cigar shop in the state of Ohio, but I've never been. I'm gonna check that out and a couple of other places in the next couple months and nail down a location.

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bacon.jay:
    jgibv:

I've been to Barclays on Federated Blvd several times in the past, but mostly I go to The Tinder Box in Karric Square, which is a cigar and pipe shop. It's walking-distance from my place.

There are several places in the C-bus area that are supposedly pretty decent. There is a place in Powell, one of the C-bus 'burbs, that claims they are the largest cigar shop in the state of Ohio, but I've never been. I'm gonna check that out and a couple of other places in the next couple months and nail down a location.

I didn't know there was a Tinder Box on that side of town, I've been at the one at Easton a few times. If I'm thinking of the same place in Powell that you are, they have multiple locations across the city. They opened a new shop in the short north recently that's real nice and might be a good spot to herf if you have a big group.
    There's also a B&M over here in Westerville, it's also pretty roomy inside but the selection isn't that large.

I sent you a PM with the place I'm thinking of.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    I've been to the tinderbox at Easton that a pretty nice mall.