Home General Discussion
Options

oozing humi pillow

bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
So I got a bag of cigars in the mail today and the humi pillow was oozing sticky solution all over everything. The sticks in cello are fine but one was naked, a Graycliff Double Espresso that I was really looking forward to. It definitely got quite a bit of solution on the wrapper, not in the foot. Is is wrecked?

I wiped it down pretty good with a wet napkin and then it still felt slick to me so I licked it all over (I know, I know ~ you stick with me and you'll see some f'd up ****). I didn't buy this from a company and due to personal reasons I'd prefer to deal with this on my own. Either I try to save it or it's a loss. Is there any hope???

Comments

• Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    had a couple do that, was it over humidified, as sometimes there is too much distilled water added, i add very little as i did it once myself, luckily all sticks had cello and were ok , specilly getting warmer and hotter sometimes they will explode in the bag
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    I'm under the impression that the gel is relatively safe. If you cleaned it off well and let it dry, I would think it would be fine to smoke. Not sure I would wait very long to smoke it, with what it's been through and all. EDITED to correct errors!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I've had that happen before, the cigar should be ok. I'd just stick it in a humidor for a week or two and let it stabilize.
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    We found this out the hard way. When we started including Pillows in our shipments, we had this issue. That is why we now only partially charge the pillows when we ship. I find if it experiences major temperature or altitude changes it expands and if it is full it can bust. The actual stuff in the pillow is actually a super absorbent used in many foods so it isn't toxic.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to know, thanks Alex.