Home General Discussion
Options

hope this isnt a bad sign to the weekend

jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
got this 96 partagas off ebay, they sent it in a small bubble envelope usps im sure trying to save $$$, i ask them if they had a replacement but im pretty sure im f-ed, i made the mistake of positive feedback before i oped it too,, wth they did not use a box with bubble wrap for a glasss tube knowing how the usps mail service is etc,,, what happen when i dumped the envelope imageimage

Comments

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Wow! Some people who sell on E-Bay should be subjected to an intelligence test. I mean some of the things you see !! LMFOA. Sorry about your stick JJ, and I hope they have enough class to replace it, but that is one of the best (WORST) examples of how NOT to ship a cigar. WTH were they thinkin'?
  • Options
    That is exactly why I stopped buying things off e-bay, its a crapshoot everytime. Hope you get a replacement/refund.
  • Options
    no go, chunking out to trash
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Damn,, JJ, That sucks,,,man how disappointing is that!!!! I'm sure your pissed as I would be. Smoke a good one tonight and try not to be too upset!!!!Focus on the positive!!!!
  • Options
    jj20030:
    If you keep the packaging you may have a claim with the PO
  • Options
    how do i go about trying that? well it was only like 11.00 bucks, id pay that to see a monkey fok,lol
  • Options
    jj20030:
    how do i go about trying that?
    Im going to my PO in a bit Ill talk to em and see what they say,, for now keep everything!
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    jj20030:
    how do i go about trying that? well it was like 11.00 bucks, id pay that to see a monkey fok,lol
    Unfortunately if it is the same as in Canada it is the seller who has to go after the Post office. Hope it works out for you JJ, but if you have to ask the person who sent this one out to go to bat for you with the P.O. ... it doesn't look good.
  • Options
    i sent them an email with photos and ask for a refund or a replacement and said that they should have used a small box to ship and i would leave the positive feedback in place as they have 100% and may not want to change that, see what happens, just went back and read description, says im covered by ebay buyer protection, covers cost and ship, first contact seller( done ) if not resolved contact ebay and they will contact seller so if nothing ill contact ebay
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worse cone to worst, maybe you can salvage the top half and still smoke it?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    How sad, sorry JJ, it never ceases to amaze how stupid some people are when it comes to shipping an item.
    I just got a book from ebay that was in a paper envelope that was ripped open and left on my porch in the rain, FAIL all the way around from shipper to USPS.
    Good luck brother, hope you get this resolved.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude that sucks for sure. I didn't think you could buy cigars on eBay.Hope you get satisfaction.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Rhamlin:
    Dude that sucks for sure. I didn't think you could buy cigars on eBay.Hope you get satisfaction.
    He didn't lol. He bought a " collectible band"
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    jj20030:
    how do i go about trying that? well it was like 11.00 bucks, id pay that to see a monkey fok,lol
    Unfortunately if it is the same as in Canada it is the seller who has to go after the Post office. Hope it works out for you JJ, but if you have to ask the person who sent this one out to go to bat for you with the P.O. ... it doesn't look good.
    yeah it is here as well, the buyer can't do much.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    MAN! That blows, very sorry to see that. I rarely use ebay and I've never for cigars, that is why I have this place and another forum, but mainly this one.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is just horrible. Good packaging is a must. I hope you get this resolved.
  • Options
    they messaged me back and were working on a replacement, ask me what i like and if not they will refund my $$ they say, offered a macanudo 2000, but seeing what else they can come up with
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    So sad. Sorry to this brother. Hope it all gets worked out for you!
  • Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    think they have these at my b&m, if you want to get you hands on another.
    i hate ebay due to issues like this