Undercrown

2»

Comments

• Options
    kingdavid5kingdavid5 Posts: 293
    Smoking one now robusto size I think there great
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Finished up a Toro after lunch. Nice flavor profile and enough resting smoke to use as a distress signal if you're lost in the wilderness or on a desert island. I've got another with a bit more age on it that I'll try in another month or so. All in all, not the best I've had but definitely not the worst. I think it's worth another try. Gonna pick up some No. 9's and 52's to compare with.
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    Finished up a Toro after lunch. Nice flavor profile and enough resting smoke to use as a distress signal if you're lost in the wilderness or on a desert island. I've got another with a bit more age on it that I'll try in another month or so. All in all, not the best I've had but definitely not the worst. I think it's worth another try. Gonna pick up some No. 9's and 52's to compare with.
    The Undercrown shouldn't be compared with no.9 and t52. Totally different cigars.
  • Options
    Advice taken. Thanks, bro. Still gonna try em, though. :)
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Everyone should. Some will like (or love in my case). Some won't like. It all depends on what you like.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    I am having my 2nd now with a few months rest and through the 1st third am not impressed. I would love to try one with a year or two on it and may buy a few more to bury, but they just seem bland to me. The draw, smoke, and burn are great though
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    JHewey:
    Everyone should. Some will like (or love in my case). Some won't like. It all depends on what you like.
    I'm with you Justin. I think they are full of flavor an amazing!!
  • Options
    oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    OchoZacho:
    JHewey:
    I'm with you Justin. I think they are full of flavor an amazing!!
    I'll third that. I absolutely love the Undercrown.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I'm about to head to the garage and fire one up(courtesy of the most awesome catfish), more later! Looking forward to it!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    I'm about to head to the garage and fire one up(courtesy of the most awesome catfish), more later! Looking forward to it!
    Heading to the B&M tomorrow if you want to go bro, probably around 2ish.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    Jetmech_63:
    Dude! I'm there! Just drop me a text!
  • Options
    About 2/3 done with my first undercrown and holy crap this thing puts off a ton of smoke! I smOked out my garage myself! Really good flavor, almost like a subdued t52. Not a whole lot of spice just a really nice flavor, medium-ish strength and a nice burn, but total smole bomb. I see me buying a box of these soon!
  • Options
    Dude, I smoked one sitting on my front porch today and thought I was gonna have to go inside to get away from the smoke.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    catfishbluezz:
    Jetmech_63:
    It's on, meeting another guy there at 2, I'll shoot you a text
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    Jetmech_63:
    catfishbluezz:
    Jetmech_63:
    It's on, meeting another guy there at 2, I'll shoot you a text
    Sweet! Hemingway's for all my friends!!!!
  • Options
    GrazuhGrazuh Posts: 164
    laker1963:
    Huh. I really liked the Undercrowns. I tried the Liga Privada No. 9's and I didn't like THEM at all. That is why this is such a KEWL hobby. Everyone can get something totaly unique out of it.
    That's true. I love the No. 9's by the way.
  • Options
    Tonight I changed my mind about the undercrown... I think in the past, I had judged it based on my love for the MUWAT and Liga 9. I was having a discussion with Vinny tonight about how even though i did not like it, for some reason I still wanted to buy more, which I do not have that feeling typically when I do not like a smoke. Thing is, I always enjoyed smoking them from the standpoint of construction/draw.

Tonight I had two smokes, and did want to go with an MF after them in fear of the nic sic...so he gave me an Undercrown. I took the time to disect the difference in finish and tase of the draw, and they are complete opposites of the 9 IMO...which is why I think the undercrown let me down in the past as I was searching for something that was not there. I attribute this to my palate evolving and being able to appreciate the differences and enjoy each in their own right, and this was after two full body smokes. Weird how things change in the cigar world...