Home General Discussion
Options

Check this out

Pulled these out of a Padron 5000 maddie. In the last year or do I've seen a lot of stems in my cigars. What gives!? Anyone else experience this? image

Comments

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Wow.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All from one stick? Was there anything left? Wow
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    crzydimnd68crzydimnd68 Posts: 139 ✭✭
    That looks like the handy work of a disgruntled employee to me.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    That's pretty ridiculous
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Looks like some dime bags I got when I was 12 lol
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    id send that back to a rep. or send pictures to padron quailty control, let someone know, maybe a batch # to see whos using sticks to roll into padrons,that suxx
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    my wife used a punch on a DE Natural Root last night and when she pulled out she pulled a stem out with it and it was as long as the cigar. Never seen that before.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    deejmemixx:
    my wife used a punch on a DE Natural Root last night and when she pulled out she pulled a stem out with it and it was as long as the cigar. Never seen that before.
    I hope it wasn't one of the ones I sent you
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    ouch, so much for qc from padron!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    All in one cigar ???
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Wow. That's pretty awful, especially from Padron. Will add that those are veins, not stems though. The stem from a full sized tobacco leaf is MASSIVE, and gets removed during processing.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    skweekz:
    deejmemixx:
    Damn hopefully it was still smokeable,,
  • Options
    The Kid:
    skweekz:
    deejmemixx:
    Damn hopefully it was still smokeable,,
    I smoked it to the nub. Only problem was the draw as you can imagine was very light. Padron isn't the only one I've seen these veins stems whatever you want to call them in cigars. Seems a lot of corners are being cut and rush of production possibly. Most of the time they make the smoke taste somewhat bitter and they definitely affect the draw.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Not trying to jump to conclusions here as Ive had a few to many beers.... but seems many of the brands I came to love when I got into cigars around 5 year ago are not the same. They may still be good but not the same as they used to be.
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    skweekz:
    deejmemixx:
    It was, and she still smoked it and really enjoyed it. She wants to get more of them.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    How very disappointing, sad to see something like this that ruins the overall experience of the stick, and potentially damaging the brand. I hope it was smokeable, but yeah Padron would probably like to know.
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    same thing happened to me last night with an olivia serie G, pulled half a dozen veins out of the cigar after i had smoked only half of it it just got that bad.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I thought it was a Padron. I remembered
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    seems like a practice that padron lives by.

maybe the stems produce a flavor that everyone but me loves.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    danielzreyes:
    seems like a practice that padron lives by.

maybe the stems produce a flavor that everyone but me loves.
    Hmm, I do love padrons. Those are in fact some bigass stems. Maybe it is a flavor thing (makes sense) Im interested in this now. Thanks for the bump D-rey.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never would have guessed Padron....now if you had a Gurkha unraveled, then yes!