Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

The Free 5er I Promised

Well I haven't heard a thing on the status of my 1000 Post Pass so I am going to assume it got sucked into the black hole up north. Oh well crap happens....right? Anyway I had an add on contest for a free 5er if anyone could guess when the pass would make it back to me.

I sort of changed things when the pass made it to Isaac. I had him take 10 or 15 of what he considered the best stick to send to our Canadian brothers that took part in the pass (it was to big to get by customs as stickers). Then I asked him to send the rest to DSWarmack for his troop packages he was sending out.

So you can see I kinda screwed up the whole guess when my pass gets back to me. So to be fair to all parties involved I put all your names in a hat and had my mom pick a name out. The winner of the free 5er is our very own dbeckom.

So brother I will get that 5er out to you on Monday and I want to thank everybody who took part in my pass. Oh one more thing there was also going to be a grand prize winner and I had mom pick another name out and the winner of the Grand Prize is ......you'll just have to wait and see who it is.

Take Care Brothers and Sisters

Comments

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTG Dwayne!
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Hope it resurfaces!!! Congrats DB.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yup, canada hard for me too, sent dd a box finally he got it after weeks, sent wayne one and it ended up coming back to me 2-3 months later, kudos to you mike and hope it pops back up and congrats to dwayne!
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    This made it to me and was forwarded to DD. I am sure he has or will soon be returning it to you Mike. Seems a little too early to be impatient about this pass after this long. Don't think there is any reason to write it off, that's for sure.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I'm glad to see this pass is still alive and well. I didn't realize most of the sticks had been sent off to the troops, that's great! I hope it makes it back to you in good shape Michael.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    This made it to me and was forwarded to DD. I am sure he has or will soon be returning it to you Mike. Seems a little too early to be impatient about this pass after this long. Don't think there is any reason to write it off, that's for sure.
    I also think DD has been preoccupied with other things, so don't give up yet!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    I wasn't writing it off, since I split the pass I figured it was best and also fair to all to pick a winner for the 5er by drawing a name. I am sure it will make it back, I guess my reference to a "Black Hole" was a bad choice. Figured you guys would get it considering how many packages have had issues with USPS, some of my earlier ones included.

• Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    WTG Dwayne!
    +1
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Congrats Dwayne!

and that's an awesome gesture, sending the rest of the sticks to the DCCC. Another example of you being awesome, Mike. Top notch.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Congrats Dwayne! and Mike this is yet again more reasons that you are one of the top BORK's around
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    And they were some fine sticks he shot to us. Hopefully your pass gets home soon!
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been on the forum in nearly a month other than checking my pm's each day to answer requests for addresses. I have been sick, going back and forth to the doctor, and the ER for tests and treatment, so I haven't thought much about cigars (I've only had one since new years eve)

I had no idea that Mike had picked my name in his contest, until today when I checked the mail. Mike and I have texted back and forth but he hasn't mentioned the contest, so his package was a great surprise! I'll get a pic up later this evening.

Thank you Mike for allowing me to participate in your pass and contest. You're a great BOTL and even greater friend!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear they arrived, I hope you start feeling better brother.