Home General Discussion

say goodbye to the bucket.......

Yes, sadly, "Benny" the bucketidor has been retired (although he might get a second life at my brother-in-law's)

Benny has been replaced by "Calvin" the coolidor.........

(Calvin told me he is calling the Beard very soon...................uh oh!)

Comments

• The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Sad to hear this. The bucketidor was one of the rare truly unique ideas that has been hatched on the forums during my time here. I think you should at least keep him as a fallback for overflow cigar orders... is it just me, or do I hear the mournful notes of Taps on the breeze? LOL

• ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    i am totaly making a bucketdor i need a place to put a box i ordered lol
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to put a face on Calvin!
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Sorry Benny, looks like Calvin is moving up!! Maybe the Brother-In-Law will appreciate it like you have. Def an original idea! I can recall thinking about how to build cedar shelves in a bucket.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poor Benny, he was so young.
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Poor Benny, he was so young.
    Tragic. Simply tragic.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Well it's a sad day. Benny you will be missed it was a pleasure seeing your birth and now sadly your demise. Welcome to the family Calvin
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    It was definitely fun watching the bucket come together. It will be missed by all.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    A moment of silence please for Benny The Bucket ..........
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Sounds like the bucket will be in good hands brothers...nothing to worry about :D As for the new replacement...very nice!
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Wow Benny will be missed, but at least he didn't cry. He will be filled with great sticks again.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, Benny the bucket kicked the ... uh, wait a minute. Something's wrong, there. He didn't kick himself, did he? Would it be proper to say Benny the bucket kicked the humidor? Man, I'm confused again....
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Am I correct in remembering that Benny there was created because of the need for stealth? If he's being retired, did that need disappear? Or am I just crazy, and thinking of someone else?
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Russ55:
    Am I correct in remembering that Benny there was created because of the need for stealth? If he's being retired, did that need disappear? Or am I just crazy, and thinking of someone else?
    Stealth is no longer an issue, nor is it required....my cigar hobby has been accepted without question.
    I needed more space, and although I contemplated doing multiple buckets, the "layout" of a cooler allows for easier stick access.
    Still may use the bucket for over-flow, and possibly long term storage/aging.