Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Please allow me to re-introduce myself...

ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
Hello fellas, it's been quite some time since I was last around these parts! I just wanted to make a little re-introduction so that all the new members can meet me and all the old timers can get a little update.

I guess I'll start by saying that I am no longer in the Army and I also no longer live in NC. I was honorably discharged back on June 10, 2011 and immediately hit the road and moved here to Austin, TX. I've been here, going to school and working at Best Buy (Lassy would be so proud! *tear*), just enjoying what it is that makes this city and this state such an amazing place to live! I'm not smoking much anymore but that has started to change here recently. I've made some friends that I can enjoy a nice craft brew with and I'm introducing them to the world of fine tobacco. Not a whole lot has changed I guess except I have about 1/3 of the income I used to so my cigar budget is gone, it's a good thing I stockpiled smokes like Reagan did nukes, so I'm still sitting on ~600 sticks. I'm hoping to become an active member here again, as my life allows, and learn some new stuff and catch up on the 9 months of new releases and and trends that I've missed out on. Are there even any of the old guys left around here? And to all the "new" members, it's nice to meet you!

-Evan

Comments

• Options
    ooooh also, I was rummaging through the coolers the other day and I realized that my newest smokes are the MOW Puros from the very first release here on ccom! and the older stuff is aging BEAUTIFULLY! I had a Diesel Shorty the other night that knocked my socks off. I can't wait to see how some of my other sticks are doing :-)
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    ejenne87:
    Hello fellas, it's been quite some time since I was last around these parts! I just wanted to make a little re-introduction so that all the new members can meet me and all the old timers can get a little update.

I guess I'll start by saying that I am no longer in the Army and I also no longer live in NC. I was honorably discharged back on June 10, 2011 and immediately hit the road and moved here to Austin, TX. I've been here, going to school and working at Best Buy (Lassy would be so proud! *tear*), just enjoying what it is that makes this city and this state such an amazing place to live! I'm not smoking much anymore but that has started to change here recently. I've made some friends that I can enjoy a nice craft brew with and I'm introducing them to the world of fine tobacco. Not a whole lot has changed I guess except I have about 1/3 of the income I used to so my cigar budget is gone, it's a good thing I stockpiled smokes like Reagan did nukes, so I'm still sitting on ~600 sticks. I'm hoping to become an active member here again, as my life allows, and learn some new stuff and catch up on the 9 months of new releases and and trends that I've missed out on. Are there even any of the old guys left around here? And to all the "new" members, it's nice to meet you!

-Evan
    Evan ! Good to hear from you again. You will be very busy just keeping up to the new releases this year. There are a TON of them.

Glad you are living in a place you enjoy... that's half the battle right there. Hope you do stick around and even recruit a few new BOTL from your new digs. Great to hear from you again Evan. You were / are one of the very respected members here.
  • Options
    laker1963:
    ejenne87:

-Evan
    Evan ! Good to hear from you again. You will be very busy just keeping up to the new releases this year. There are a TON of them.

Glad you are living in a place you enjoy... that's half the battle right there. Hope you do stick around and even recruit a few new BOTL from your new digs. Great to hear from you again Evan. You were / are one of the very respected members here.
    Thanks Doug, I appreciate the welcome back! I'm looking forward to getting back in to it here. Maybe it's time I got a few bucks together and had the Beard throw together a nice new release bundle for me!!!
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ejenne87:
    Are there even any of the old guys left around here?

-Evan
    I resent being called old...................................But it is nice to have you back Evan.....Enjoy the aged smokes and in the 9 months that you have been gone it will seem like 9 years if you try to catch up on all the new releases. It is kind of like being a noob again.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    bandyt09:
    ejenne87:

-Evan
    I resent being called old...................................But it is nice to have you back Evan.....Enjoy the aged smokes and in the 9 months that you have been gone it will seem like 9 years if you try to catch up on all the new releases. It is kind of like being a noob again.
    Agreed totally. Your idea of having Tim put together a sampler is a great one! It may be a little bit of a bigger box then you are used to getting, but hey WTH right?
  • Options
    laker1963:
    bandyt09:
    ejenne87:

-Evan
    Agreed totally. Your idea of having Tim put together a sampler is a great one! It may be a little bit of a bigger box then you are used to getting, but hey WTH right?
    Sounds like I should use some of my "south-of-the-boarder" contacts to locate a black market organ donor to raise the funds for this purchase haha
  • Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    ejenne87:
    laker1963:
    bandyt09:
    ejenne87:

-Evan
    Sounds like I should use some of my "south-of-the-boarder" contacts to locate a black market organ donor to raise the funds for this purchase haha
    might want to locate 2 organ donors, alot has happened while you were gone
  • Options
    aw man I feel like a newb again haha. I guess I'll need to get informed and then give Tim a call. Hopefully I have some free time coming up so I can sit down and do my research!
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Holy **** he's alive! Glad to hear you are doing well brother. Def missed having you around!
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    aw man I feel like a newb again haha. I guess I'll need to get informed and then give Tim a call. Hopefully I have some free time coming up so I can sit down and do my research!
    Evan, maybe you'll want to visit the newbie welcoming thread so your feeling of newbishness can be complete.

Also, if you are looking for a newbie trading sponsor, I'll voluteer..........

http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/340006.aspx

Ahhh, new "old" blood to pick on.
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    ejenne87:
    Evan, maybe you'll want to visit the newbie welcoming thread so your feeling of newbishness can be complete.

haha keep it up Todd and I'll have to use one of Reagan's nukes I've been hoarding and make you eat your words... Don't forget, I still know where you live haha
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    Holy **** he's alive! Glad to hear you are doing well brother. Def missed having you around!
    Glad to be back, E! Thanks
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Welcome back Evan !!! Good to hear your doing well and glad your back !
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Welcome back Evan !!! Good to hear your doing well and glad your back !
    Thanks Gene! And I'm sorry we never got to get together for a smoke before I left NC. Maybe someday I'll be back through there and we can finally meet up
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    bandyt09:
    ejenne87:

haha keep it up Todd and I'll have to use one of Reagan's nukes I've been hoarding and make you eat your words... Don't forget, I still know where you live haha
    Just trying to help a brother out. I don't need no nukes dropped on me, besides, I will engage the Star Wars defense system against your Reagan nukes, LOL
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    bandyt09:
    ejenne87:
    bandyt09:
    ejenne87:

Just trying to help a brother out. I don't need no nukes dropped on me, besides, I will engage the Star Wars defense system against your Reagan nukes, LOL
    He will Todd has lost his mind even more since you left Evan
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Dude... sup.

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Evan, nice to see you back here. There are a lot of great new members here, and these guys LOVE to share their smokes. Once you settle back in you will see what I mean...
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Hey Ev, glad to have you back in the fold! You have been missed around here my friend. Also thanks for the update on what you've been up to - good to hear you're doing so well. Other than converting to Texan anyway. LOL

Almost forgot, love the new avatar! LOL Was Diamondog's Daily Hottie thread around when you faded into the mist? If not, THATS where you should concentrate your efforts on getting back up to speed on the forums. :-)

• Options
    ug danug dan Posts: 375
    Good to see you back
  • Options
    The Sniper:
    Hey Ev, glad to have you back in the fold! You have been missed around here my friend. Also thanks for the update on what you've been up to - good to hear you're doing so well. Other than converting to Texan anyway. LOL

Almost forgot, love the new avatar! LOL Was Diamondog's Daily Hottie thread around when you faded into the mist? If not, THATS where you should concentrate your efforts on getting back up to speed on the forums. :-)

Sheesh! I haven't been gone that long :-P of course I remember those "well-endowed" beauties from DD's daily hotties thread!! That's what brought me back haha.

so as the creator of the greatest game this forum has seen (well, in the time that I was here anyway) I may need your help with a little tactical support in the near future. I have to reassert my dominance here, especially with all the new members...
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Evan! Glad to see you back buddy!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Btw...I need your new address, I'll make up a "Catch up on New Releases Sampler" for you ;)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    ejenne87:
    bandyt09:
    ejenne87:

LOL, uh oh...don't tempt Evan...as I remember it...he was just as bad as Alex "The Unabomber" ;)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Glad you're back and in Texas!
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back man
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is up brother? I hope you are back for good. Missed you (no ****)
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    ejenne87:
    The Sniper:

Sheesh! I haven't been gone that long :-P of course I remember those "well-endowed" beauties from DD's daily hotties thread!! That's what brought me back haha.

so as the creator of the greatest game this forum has seen (well, in the time that I was here anyway) I may need your help with a little tactical support in the near future. I have to reassert my dominance here, especially with all the new members...
    All you have to do is call and its done bro. Again, welcome back!

• Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back, Evan! Haven't seen you online in quite a while.
  • Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome back fellas! I was looking through my supplies and noticed that I need to place an order before I have any kind of shipping material haha. So it sounds like it's time to try some new AJ blends so I have a humi pillow and a box to send some stuff out in :-P