Home Ratings & Reviews

Review of Gurkha's His Majesty's Reserve

Yeah right. Like I have $750 bucks to spend on a cigar. Just jokin on you guys. I'll stick with the Grand Symphony as it is an awesome infused cigar that stays true to the tobacco flavors and is $737.50 cheaper.

Comments

• jfacianejfaciane Posts: 242
    Waaay over my budget and would love to try one but my only chance is winning the lottery or getting news that I'm dying and charge it to my credit card, lol.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Hahahahah nice one!!
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Never would I waste that kind of dough on an infused Gurk.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mannnnnnnn LOL
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    I have several gurks in my humi.... are they really any good? I after looking through their HUGE assortment of cigars as well as the ridiculous prices of some of them, I cant help but feel that they are 20% hype, 75%marketing, 5% quality
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    docbp87:
    Or an uninfused Gurkha....or, well, pretty much any cigar. For that kind of money, it better have a happy ending included...
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    oldsoulrevival:
    I have several gurks in my humi.... are they really any good? I after looking through their HUGE assortment of cigars as well as the ridiculous prices of some of them, I cant help but feel that they are 20% hype, 75%marketing, 5% quality
    Some are pretty good, some are garbage. None are worth the MSRP. I like the Titan and the Beast.
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Real review:

Pre-light I noted a clear and present regret for blowing $750 on A cigar. As I looked down the wrapper I noticed divorce papers and a child support hearing subpoena laying on the table after spending the mortgage payment so wrecklessly. A quick toast of the foot made me realize I'm literally burning up money. The first draw brought remorse as I realized this was an infused cigar I spent my cold hard earned cash on. The draw was smooth and effortless as I realized I clearly have no regard for responsible financial management. I'm still smoking it so the rest of the review will commence later...

/End facetious review/rant
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    skweekz:
    Real review:

Pre-light I noted a clear and present regret for blowing $750 on A cigar. As I looked down the wrapper I noticed divorce papers and a child support hearing subpoena laying on the table after spending the mortgage payment so wrecklessly. A quick toast of the foot made me realize I'm literally burning up money. The first draw brought remorse as I realized this was an infused cigar I spent my cold hard earned cash on. The draw was smooth and effortless as I realized I clearly have no regard for responsible financial management. I'm still smoking it so the rest of the review will commence later...

You forgot the part where you toasted the foot with a mint copy of Amazing Fantasy #15, clipped the cap using a cutter edged with finely honed wooly mammoth tusk, and finally lit it up with a Micky Mantle rookie card.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    docbp87:
    Or an uninfused Gurkha....or, well, pretty much any cigar. For that kind of money, it better have a happy ending included...
    For $750 I want a whole lot more than a jerk and a smile haha. This thing better come with *** attached or I'm not interested!
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    skweekz:
    Real review:

You forgot the part where you toasted the foot with a mint copy of Amazing Fantasy #15, clipped the cap using a cutter edged with finely honed wooly mammoth tusk, and finally lit it up with a Micky Mantle rookie card.
    Haha well yeah that goes without saying. That's how I light all my cigars.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    oldsoulrevival:
    The thing about Gurkha is that they try to make something for everyone. This means that there's going to be quite a few that you won't like. I like some of them, but others...meh. Also, if you want to try out an infused Gurkha, go for the Grand Reserve. Much more affordable and damn good (if you like cognac). And NEVER ever ever pay MSRP for Gurkha. They can be good, but not 20-30 dollars worth.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    best gurk ive had was a blue steel with 2 years in the humi, made me want more to age just havent got around to buying them yet, i think i need to make room,lol
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    wwhwang:
    oldsoulrevival:
    The thing about Gurkha is that they try to make something for everyone. This means that there's going to be quite a few that you won't like.
    Wayne, this is so true and one of the biggest reasons that I hardly ever smoke Gurkhas anymore. I feel like the company lacks one true identity becuase the blends are targeted towards the differnet markets. I used to smoke a bunch of the masters select perfectos, back in the mid to late 2000s and really enjoyed them, and a few other of the older lines, but I feel like they took a good thing and kind of threw it away by spreading themselves too thin trying to please too many people. I feel like they lost their identity in that process. I'm not a gurkha hater or anything, but I just honeslty a little dissappointed in their sales model. I wish they would have just stuck to what they did well instead of trying to find a place in every cigar smokers humidor.