Home General Discussion

Cuban crafters humi

bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
just bought a 100 ct for $56. anybody else got one of these? how do you like it?

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    bacon.jay:
    just bought a 100 ct for $56. anybody else got one of these? how do you like it?
    I have four Cuban Crafters Humidors. They serve me well.. Great price, construction, and quality.. No reason for me to look elsewhere. Plus, it seems they always throw a freebe in too. I may need to go looking for yet anotherfor my " overflow" soon.
  • i have 2 100 ct humi's from Cuban Crafters. They both are great for the exception of the lock.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Honestly though, who uses the lock anyways? I can't see me ever using the lock on the one i'm getting...
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I came close to getting a humi from them. Though the one I have now (300) works fantastic. I do think the locks are silly, especially for the desktop/medium humi's. The large cabinets, maybe.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    bacon.jay:
    Honestly though, who uses the lock anyways? I can't see me ever using the lock on the one i'm getting...
    i use the lock on my larger humidor. I have the key on my key chain. why do i use it? to resist temptation to open it and look all the time. Its my aging humi.

plus when i have kids, if they raid my stash i dont want them taking the "good" ones.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    That is what the whooping stick is fer.
  • niz33niz33 Posts: 83
    I as well have a Cuban crafters humidor. image
    So the boys in brown brought my humidor today, and i need to season it. what's the best way to do it without getting it too humid? Thanks guys.
    First check to make sure you have a good seal by performing the dollars bill test. Then check the Hygrometer with the salt test. Grab a clean rag or sponge preferably a sponge and Dampen all areas that contain cedar. Leave humidor standing for at least 24hrs then add cigars. Also if you can add some pics.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Most people here prefer to season with a dish of disilled water. Put it in the humidor and let it sit closed for several days, until your humi has maintained a 70+ rH for at least 24 hrs. I find it better to keep it above my desired humidity for at least 48 hrs.. You'll lose a lot of moisture as you load it up with cigars and get it organized. Put in your humidification device, and you're good to go. Keep a close eye on the humidity until you get it in a nice groove.
    niz33:
    First check to make sure you have a good seal by performing the dollars bill test. Then check the Hygrometer with the salt test. Grab a clean rag or sponge preferably a sponge and Dampen all areas that contain cedar. Leave humidor standing for at least 24hrs then add cigars. Also if you can add some pics.

dollar bill test? how do i do that? i guess more importantly though is, what is it? lol
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Can someone PM me where they got a good deal on their Humi? I love CCOM, but this definately isnt the place to buy a humi price wise.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    okay, Four/ Flush PM sent.
    bacon.jay:
    niz33:

dollar bill test? how do i do that? i guess more importantly though is, what is it? lol
    The test is where you close the lid, top, door or whatever your humi has and if the bill slides Loosely when you pull on it, it's because you have a bad seal.
    WELL, it's all done!! I left a shallow dish of water with a sponge in the middle to help with evaporation in the bottom of the humi for two nights. while i did that, i calibrated my Wal-Mart digital hygro and the included cuban crafters analog hygro.

the analog hygro is adjustable, so when i got my readings I used the little tool that came with it to adjust it, and it reads 75 on the money in the salt test every time now.

the digital Wal-Mart hygro that Dude Love turned me onto in a seperate humidor/humidification thread was pretty much right on the money after three times in the bag, with two 74's and a 75, and I have that in the bottom of the humi. DEFINITELY worth the $7 I paid for it.

Then I did the dollar bill test and it passed, it has a pretty good seal all the way around.

I have everything in the humi now, which is holding a pretty consistent 64-69 degrees and 67% humidity with no fluctuations. Until I get some 65% beads from heartfelt, i'm just using some humi-care humidity pillows. I will post pictures soon!!
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Atta go, jay!
  • I love em so much I just received my 3rd Cuban Crafters humi one in the mail today. Heads up ccom large order coming ur way...
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    I just ordered a couple of those Wal-Mart hygros. I figure if a guy called "Dude" and a guy called "bacon" think they're awesome, they gotta be awesome. I'll give 'em a nice side-by-side calibration/test with my current hygro.
    bacon.jay:
    WELL, it's all done!! I left a shallow dish of water with a sponge in the middle to help with evaporation in the bottom of the humi for two nights. while i did that, i calibrated my Wal-Mart digital hygro and the included cuban crafters analog hygro.

the analog hygro is adjustable, so when i got my readings I used the little tool that came with it to adjust it, and it reads 75 on the money in the salt test every time now.

the digital Wal-Mart hygro that Dude Love turned me onto in a seperate humidor/humidification thread was pretty much right on the money after three times in the bag, with two 74's and a 75, and I have that in the bottom of the humi. DEFINITELY worth the $7 I paid for it.

Then I did the dollar bill test and it passed, it has a pretty good seal all the way around.

I have everything in the humi now, which is holding a pretty consistent 64-69 degrees and 67% humidity with no fluctuations. Until I get some 65% beads from heartfelt, i'm just using some humi-care humidity pillows. I will post pictures soon!!

pictures are at T minus ten and counting...

EDIT: gonna take a lot longer, photobucket is slower than molasses today.