Home General Discussion
Options

Favorite non-alcoholic drink while smoking

brc81brc81 Posts: 249
I know it seems most prefer to have a nice strong drink with a cigar, but I don't drink much anymore nor do I want to. Last night I was drinking root beer with my Nepalese Warrior, but typically my drink of choice is tea (hot or iced). How about everyone else?

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    coke-a-cola classic.

not pepsi.
    i do like pepsi but not with a cigar.

in the summer, a nice cold iced tea is great.

while doing a review, only water.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Usually Dr. Pepper or Coke or Pepsi, something that can actually stand up to all the flavors in a cigar. For some reason I don't like water with a stogie, just makes cigar mouth more apparent to me.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Freashly roasted beans (of various countries) ground and blended into the perfect cup of black coffee. French pressed. Mmmmm.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Non-Alcoholic...geez if you went the other way i'd have a bunch of suggestions. Usually iced tea or coffee, depending on the temp outside.

I gotta plug the french press too, i used to think they were for prima-donna hippies until i tried one, now i have one at home and one at work.
  • Options
    jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    as a general rule I drink only water with cigars, the only exception I make is beer in the right circumstances. though this weekend I broke my rule vacationing in phoenix. I had champagne with a cigar twice. wasnt that interesting.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Water, Coffee, Tea, coca cola....most often I drink nothing when I smoke
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Arizona diet green tea.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    One more plug for the French Press. Otherwise, water or Arizona Southern Style Sweet Tea.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Fav non-alky drink--SIERRA MIST-who woulda thunk it!!! Sun drawn iced tea also makes the summer time cut...
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Coke or Grape Propel
  • Options
    most of the time water or an occasional Dr. Pepper or Dublin Dr. Pepper.
  • Options
    blazerblazer Posts: 6
    Ice Tea
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Arizona sweet tea is pretty awesome too.
  • Options
    cheymancheyman Posts: 157
    The only non-alcoholic drink I drink is water....or whey protein... but there is something disturbing with that paring!
  • Options
    brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    Coffee here as well.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    Fav non-alky drink--SIERRA MIST-who woulda thunk it!!! Sun drawn iced tea also makes the summer time cut...
    I knew that was coming...And for breakfast it is Corn Flakes and Sierra Mist ?
  • Options
    JKTexJKTex Posts: 92
    This is almost as good as sex.  Well, about the closest get anymore anyway.  Big Smile [:D]

My daily 4 shot latte' and a NUB Connecticut.

• Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    JKTex:
    This is almost as good as sex

You're supposed to SMOKE the nub and DRINK the coffee....geez.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    kaspera79:
    gmill880:
    I knew that was coming...And for breakfast it is Corn Flakes and Sierra Mist ?

also love the starbucks white chocolate moca
    Now Kas was that called for ...just because a guy drinks a little sierra mist once in awhile ;)
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    bbc020:
    Water, Coffee, Tea, coca cola....most often I drink nothing when I smoke
    wow, My mouth gets way too dry. I usually go for dr. pepper. if it's a light smoke I go for water.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    They make drinks without alcohol???? WTF?

Honestly, I can count the times I've had a cigar without an alcoholic beverage on one hand, and in those instances, I drank nothing.

In unrelated news, I just wet my pants and the room is spinning.
  • Options
    kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    Pepsi Max, love it!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    kaelaria:
    Pepsi Max, love it!
    thats the no carb stuff right? or is that the energy drink version of pepsi?

• Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    It's the high-caffeine, Splenda version of Diet Pepsi.. no calories, and I think 79 mg of caffeine. It's pretty darn tasty, although with as much soda as I drink, I save those as a performance enhancer before climbing or hockey.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I forgot to add mocha and coffee.
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    I recently found out that I really enjoy a glass of room temp ginger ale with my smoke.
  • Options
    MMMM....Ginger ale. I love me some Schwepp's, but for me ginger ale is a little too sweet with a cigar. Maybe room temp is better?
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    bbc020:
    MMMM....Ginger ale. I love me some Schwepp's, but for me ginger ale is a little too sweet with a cigar. Maybe room temp is better?

Hey, now that is funny. I thought that I was the only person out there who even thought about a "better" Ginger Ale. Schwepp's is without a doubt the best Ginger Ale there is. It isn't sweet like the others. If it were a good wine it would be around a 1 or 2 compared with most out there being in the 3 - 5 range of sweetness.
    I haven't tried one with a cigar yet. Maybe I'll give it a try. Sometihing about the way a good cup of freshly roasted/ ground coffee compliments the flavors of a cigar, just seems like a natural fit. I suppose it is because the flavors we taste in our sticks are quite often referred to coffee bean, or in that family of tastes, so it is sort of a natural drink with no overwhelming tastes to get in the way of the cigars flavors.
  • Options
    laker1963:
    bbc020:

Hey, now that is funny. I thought that I was the only person out there who even thought about a "better" Ginger Ale. Schwepp's is without a doubt the best Ginger Ale there is. It isn't sweet like the others. If it were a good wine it would be around a 1 or 2 compared with most out there being in the 3 - 5 range of sweetness.

I agree totally that Schwepp's is the best, and while it isn't as sweet as the other bubble gum ginger ales, I still consider it to be somewhat sweet. It just isn't too sweet when it comes to other ginger ales.

I should own stock in Schwepps, everytime I go to the grocery store I buy 48 cans.(luckily I don't go too often) I keep it at my office, at my home, and gladly share it with friends. I find that I enjoy it after meals or after a nice long smoke. Sometime before also
  • Options
    niz33niz33 Posts: 83
    Coffee or water with dark chocolate