Home General Discussion
Options

Bead Question?

Is it okay to do the beads in plastic i don't have a glass container to put them in and don't really feel like buying one would it work to cut the bottoms off of plastic water bottles and put them in there after wiping out the water than putting some distilled water in there?

Comments

• Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    it shouldn't be an issue, i have mine in a small cardboard box (velveeta box) lined with siran wrap, you could try something like that instead
  • Options
    brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    plastic is fine. some people buy the plastic tubes with holes in them for their beads. I took a small plastic tupperware bowl and drilled a bunch of holes in the lid for my beads.
  • Options
    jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    I did the same as andy, cept I made small coffin boxes out of spanish cedar.
  • Options
    tankbonniestankbonnies Posts: 191
    here are a few suggestions....panty hose, a small olive oil dish, or what I do take the sponge out of the humidor puck and fill the beads in that....
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    tankbonnies:
    here are a few suggestions....panty hose, a small olive oil dish, or what I do take the sponge out of the humidor puck and fill the beads in that....
    The hose part works best, actually I bought some that are just womens ankle length nylon stockings, fill 'em up tie them off and you are good. The puck work well to, unless it breaks open. So tape it shut.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i made boxes out of old cigar boxes.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    tankbonnies:
    The hose part works best, actually I bought some that are just womens ankle length nylon stockings, fill 'em up tie them off and you are good. The puck work well to, unless it breaks open. So tape it shut.
    I'm sure you use those hoes for other things......... =p
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    kaspera79:
    tankbonnies:
    Shhhhh.. I thought I deleted all those You Tube Videos.
  • Options
    smokestersmokester Posts: 131
    I just ended up taking an old cigar box and taking the lid off and putting the beads in there its working great so far.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    phobicsquirrel:
    kaspera79:
    tankbonnies:
    Shhhhh.. I thought I deleted all those You Tube Videos.
    lol...
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    phobicsquirrel:
    kaspera79:
    tankbonnies:

when there not full of beads he wears them on his head to rob a quick -stop with!!!