Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

How long does

A pass normally take? I am thinking of starting one and thought it would be cool to send it off from Wisconsin and have it get back to me after I am all moved in South Carolina.

Comments

• Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I would imagine as long as you want it to. Depends on how many BoTL jump in on the pass. Just my .02... Haven't started one, but I've got some ideas that may work.
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    well I will be making the move late july early august. Would be tricky with the timing.... but I think I might be able to make it work.

any ideas would be great :D
  • Options
    PM to you, sir.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I'd plan on one person a week average, some go faster but some go slower.
  • Options
    ya I figured a week or 5 days, now to think of something fun and different to do for one.
  • Options
    You could send everyone in the pass a mixed box of T-52's and Lost City! Then we send you the smoldering nubs. Sounds good to everyone? No...? Crap!
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Just hold the return addy back till you see it getting close to the end.
  • Options
    Direwolf:

Good point, dire. Hadn't thought of that. +1, brother!
  • Options
    Toombes:
    Direwolf:

Good point, dire. Hadn't thought of that. +1, brother!
    maybe I am slow today....what do you mean?
  • Options
    If you have the people involved in the pass keep you updated on where it's at, then you can get a good idea of when it will be at your new location. When it's a week or so out from you, then post the new addy so it gets there a day or so after you do. Sorry, Glen, didn't mean to step on toes. Forgive me?
  • Options
    Toombes:
    If you have the people involved in the pass keep you updated on where it's at, then you can get a good idea of when it will be at your new location. When it's a week or so out from you, then post the new addy so it gets there a day or so after you do. Sorry, Glen, didn't mean to step on toes. Forgive me?
    ahhh lol thx for helping this slow guy out.
  • Options
    deejmemixx:
    Toombes:

You just thanked a crippled guy for getting you up to speed... LMAO!!!
  • Options
    Toombes:
    deejmemixx:
    Toombes:

You just thanked a crippled guy for getting you up to speed... LMAO!!!
    haha :D

Maybe something like this:

I will put x cigars in and some items that I enjoy that are not tobacco related. Take x cigars and replace what you took with whatever sticks you want, take the "other" item and put something in that you enjoy...etc etc

I dont know if this would work or not, you obviously couldnt put cheese aged 12 years in there (yum) or anything, or a 1968 ford thunderbird you rebuilt...(although please do)

let me know if you think something like this would work or any other ideas variations. Would be neat to see what others also enjoy.
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    You are on the right track...a pass can have any rules you want as far as puts and takes. Everyone here is really good about being reasonable with their puts and takes. Like I get the pass and take 3 sticks, then I put 3 sticks back in of equal or greater value. Then some in honor of the one who designed the pass for us, often throw in more as a gift. Though the last part isn't required, most are generous enough and do it.

That being said I have been in a couple of passes, 1 lasted a month or so, the the other is still going on 3+ months later. It all depends on how many you have....but yes when you start it make it aware that the last person in line needs to contact you before sending so that it lands home in the right place. But you will be following it close since it is your pass so you should be good.....