Home General Discussion
Options

Any B/SOTL in St Louis, MO interested in a herf?

After seeing other herfs mentioned for places out of my range, unless on vacation that is, I was wondering if anyone was interested in starting one in this area. My only issue is my "weekend" is Tuesday through Thursday...I have a bad schedule. Real weekends of Friday through Sunday, unless I am on vacation, are pretty much impossible for me since I get up at 1:30am for work and I work long hours. I value the little sleep I get on those days.

Even if the meet is over one or two cigars in my flat, a b&m, or The Famous Bar on Chippewa (cigar friendly bar) for an hour or two, or a night of many smokes and good conversation....I'm just sending out feelers.

Comments

• Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    I was just there on Saturday. I stopped by Johns Pipe Shop in Clayton.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    I would definitely be down with this, if I am still welcomed. Another location to consider would be The Hill Cigar Company... dont know if you've made it there yet, but I was very impressed by the place. Plenty of great places to get a good meal without spending a ton of $$$ in that area too.

Regardless, Im down for a StL herf if its open to me. Great idea!

• Options
    SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    The Sniper:
    I would definitely be down with this, if I am still welcomed. Another location to consider would be The Hill Cigar Company... dont know if you've made it there yet, but I was very impressed by the place. Plenty of great places to get a good meal without spending a ton of $$$ in that area too.

Yep, I know of the place. Been there many times as I live about 2 and a half miles from there. And why wouldnt you be welcomed? Of course you would be welcomed!!
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    MWeber is in Ofallon, I'll show him the thread
  • Options
    mwebermweber Posts: 157
    Im out here in O'Fallon, and would love to herf! There is a place near me in Cottleville called The Tinderbox. Brand new building just built. Its off of Highway N near Mid Rivers Mall Drive.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    SaVas:
    The Sniper:

Yep, I know of the place. Been there many times as I live about 2 and a half miles from there. And why wouldnt you be welcomed? Of course you would be welcomed!!
    I appreciate it man... just have never been about inviting myself to stuff. LOL I am down, and if we pull it off I will volunteer right here and now for designated driver duty in case someone staying in the immediate area gets a little wobbly. I dont drink... but I do take lots of pictures of people drinking. :-)

• Options
    I'm good with helping work out the details, though like I said, unless I'm on vacation, my weekends are Tuesday through Thursday. Unfortunately it is opposite of 99% of the population, but since I live alone in a two bedroom flat, if anyone is coming from a distance, I offer the spare bedroom, and or a couple couches in the livingroom. I do have a cat though so keep that in mind.
  • Options
    SaVas:
    I'm good with helping work out the details, though like I said, unless I'm on vacation, my weekends are Tuesday through Thursday. Unfortunately it is opposite of 99% of the population, but since I live alone in a two bedroom flat, if anyone is coming from a distance, I offer the spare bedroom, and or a couple couches in the livingroom. I do have a cat though so keep that in mind.
    I work from home 100% so I can go whenever. :)
  • Options
    mweber:
    SaVas:
    Good deal. Then we can all start the planning process, and figure when is best to get together. If the herd works out, I wouldn't mind trying for a monthly/quarterly get together
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I ever head that way I will give you a heads up. I can't even make the ones here in KC. I work on call 24/7 and never know when I will be working. That might change soon. Since I got custody of my boys I am thinking of going to a yard job with a set schedule and days off.
  • Options
    SaVas:
    mweber:
    SaVas:
    Good deal. Then we can all start the planning process, and figure when is best to get together. If the herd works out, I wouldn't mind trying for a monthly/quarterly get together
    Sounds good to me. PM me when youve got some details. Im open most of the time.
  • Options
    Bump. Would REALLY like to get an STL herf goin! Lets get something together guys!
  • Options
    Bump. Any BOTL in/near STL want to get a monthly herf going?