Home General Discussion

It feels good to be feeling good again.

DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
Gotta celebrate tonight. After a seriously **** year I got one of the best work reviews of my life. Mine was actually tops in our company. I worked through more pain last year than I let anyone know and somehow still pulled off a great job. . Tonight the beer I have, and the stick I smoke are gonna taste frackin awesome. Only problem is... what do I smoke and which beer do I drink.

Comments

• deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    Awesome man! I don't think it will matter what the drink or smoke is. It will be great no matter what u choose
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Congrats brother! I say smoke something you love and the same for the beer. That way you know you will for sure have a great experience
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    What do you have for beer good sir?
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Congrats man! Sorry to hear that you had such a rough year but it sounds like everything worked out in the end.
    JSaint:
    What do you have for beer good sir?
    Also congrats!
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Been sitting on this for a couple years now..Love cellering chocolate bocks and stouts.
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    You need a maduro or oscuro to pair with that!
    Direwolf:
    Been sitting on this for a couple years now..Love cellering chocolate bocks and stouts.
    Looks awesome. Had the cherry chocolate bock and it was amazing.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Direwolf:
    What a great beer. Congrats Brother, it is always good to be recognized for doing an outstanding job. It just shows if you work hard and put up with crap, people will eventually show some respect.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Congrats bro, Robert Earl Keene reference?
    Direwolf:
    OMG! I love me some Chocolate Bock! I think it'd pair really well with a Diesel UC or a MOW Armada if you have either of those
    catfishbluezz:
    +1 you gots it
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Direwolf:
    catfishbluezz:
    +1 you gots it
    Saw him up here at the Hanford fox last year....killed it and the venue was amazing. Love that guy
    ENFIDL:
    Direwolf:
    OMG! I love me some Chocolate Bock! I think it'd pair really well with a Diesel UC or a MOW Armada if you have either of those
    Think I do have a UC in the humi.. have to give that a try. This bottle has around 3 years on it.. You should try Brooklyn Brewery's Black Chocolate Stout that's been aged a few years . One of the most awesome beers IMO.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats dude. That sounds like an excellent turn of events and hopefully things remain positive for you from here on out. And it looks like you got a great drink and cigar lined up to celebrate the occasion.

This brings to mind one of my favorite quotes:
    "Birds sing after a storm; why shouldn't people feel as free to delight in whatever remains to them?"
    -Rose Kennedy

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

Direwolf:
    ENFIDL:
    Direwolf:
    Think I do have a UC in the humi.. have to give that a try. This bottle has around 3 years on it.. You should try Brooklyn Brewery's Black Chocolate Stout that's been aged a few years . One of the most awesome beers IMO.
    I think I just might have to hunt that one down. Thanks man
  • Congrats man you deserve it!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never seen that one, but then I probably haven't seen most. Never been a big fan of bocks too bitter for me. But I agree with E on the UC, you'll probably want something with some punch to it.
    Dark and malty are my favs. Though I do love a good fresh hopped IPA or Rye IPA
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Congratulation Direwolf. I like Stone and Dog fish head IPA.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    congratulations brother
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    I'm happy for you man. Congrats on things starting to turn in the right direction brother.
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Dire, I will toast to you and will have a drink for you along with a nice stick tonight!!!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Direwolf:
    Gotta celebrate tonight. After a seriously **** year I got one of the best work reviews of my life. Mine was actually tops in our company. I worked through more pain last year than I let anyone know and somehow still pulled off a great job. . Tonight the beer I have, and the stick I smoke are gonna taste frackin awesome. Only problem is... what do I smoke and which beer do I drink.
    Glad to hear it man. There's nothing better feeling than overcoming adversity. No matter what smoke and drink you settle on, may it be the best ever.
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    I didn't have bock so I had this
    lcpleel:
    Great smokes,great food,great beers. Do you do anything half-assed?
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lcpleel:
    no choco. so i have this ,lol image
    Damn and Jimmy breaks out the bomber of a barley wine!
    Ok i see your bottles and raise you an Alchemic Ale