Home Non Cigar Related
Options

New Mixes on Mixcloud

clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
Hey guys. Well, I guess I've never really shared this side of my life with you fellas until now. I have expressed my musical tastes on a couple of threads but nothing on this scale. Most of you know me as "clearlysuspect" or "Phil," but there is a whole other group of people who know me as "Phil By The Way." I used to DJ throughout the Florida clubs many years ago, but I left that scene because I was getting pretty tired of club owners, other DJ's, and just random people throwing things in my face that I really didn't want to be around. I've always loved electronic dance music (EDM) of all sorts, I've always enjoyed mixing music, distorting sounds, and just creating an atmosphere where people can feel free to relax, cut loose, and just escape their hectic lives if only for 2 hours with a pair of headphones on.

Recently, I've gotten back in touch with that passion and decided that if I can't do it through a club's DJ booth, I'll do it through my living room's DJ booth. Thanks to some simplistic modern technologies, I've recently recorded a couple of my mixes and posted them on Mixcloud.com. There are two now, Chasing The Moon & Against My Science, but there will be many more to follow, at least one a week. I hope you enjoy these.

Phil By The Way on Mixcloud.com

Cheers,
Phil

Comments

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Really nice Phil.. I'm listening to "..Science" right now.
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    awesome man, I used to mix a lot, but ended up selling my tables and records. Now mess around with some mp3 mixer but nothing to awesome by no means. Just a nice way to relax and my two youngest love techno as well so they enjoy it when I am playing around.
  • Options
    Awesome guys. I'm glad you're enjoying it. I think that Against My Science is the better mixed set but the songs in Chasing The Moon are just fantastic. I'm probably going to remix it soon. There will be plenty more coming soon.
    I'm not sure how I overlooked the DJ reference in your name!?!? If you haven't tried Virtual DJ give it a shot. Easy to use, fun to play with the songs already on your compter, you'll love it. You can download the home edition which will do all you need it to do for free on their website.
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Gonna listen soon, do you happen to have tracklists?
  • Options
    Tracklists are on the website. I think Chasing The Moon only reveals the songs as they play whereas Against My Science shows all the tracks listed at once. The reason for this is that I have actually time stamped the tracks on Chasing The Moon where I haven't done so on Against My Science. I'm not sure which way I should keep it. It's nice that it will basically tell you which song is playing at that particular moment on CTM, but it's kind of a pain that it only reveals them as they play. Let me know which format you like better.
  • Options
    allsmokedup:
    Gonna listen soon, do you happen to have tracklists?
    Man I'm really not fond of the way mixcloud does the tracklists after I timestamp them. Here they are for you convenience:

Chasing The Moon Tracklist

Circles (Eric Prydz Remix) by Digitalism

Levels by Avicii

Elixir by Virtu

Future Folk by Tommy Trash

Are You Fine (Arty Remix) by Kyau & Albert

Musak (Eddie Halliwell Remix) by Trisco

Titanium feat. Sia (Allesso Remix) by David Guetta

Resurrection (Axwell Remix) by Michael Calfan

Paradise (Fedde Le Grand Remix) by Coldplay

2night by Eric Prydz

Against My Science Tracklist

Shelter Me by Ferry Corsten

Ultraviolet by Paul Thomas

In The Air (Hardwell Remix) by Morgan Page

Pressure (Allesso Remix) by Alex Kenji & Starkillers feat Nadia Ali

Happy Violence by Dada Life

Alive (Tommy Trash Remix) by Dirty South & Thomas Gold feat Kate Elsworth

Pitanga by Christian Smith

Parmanesia by BSD

Kate by Arty

Sunshine by David Guetta & Avicii

Brute (Extended Mix by Armin Van Buuren & Ferry Corsten

The Way It Was (Extended Mix) by Wolfgang Gartner

Lunar by David Guetta & Afrojack

Where My Keys by Deadmau5
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Thanks! I thought I heard someone similar to Morgan Page's singer for most of his productions, and turns out I was right!
  • Options
    New Mix up on Mixcloud.com for you guys! This one is a pretty hard hitting dirty electro mix called "Dirty, Drunken Monkey F@#!ing" Check it out and let me know what you guys think. Some buddies are coming over now to lay down some chunes and party rock so I'll have the tracklist posted later this evening.

Enjoy!
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    New Mix up on Mixcloud.com for you guys! This one is a pretty hard hitting dirty electro mix called "Dirty, Drunken Monkey F@#!ing" Check it out and let me know what you guys think. Some buddies are coming over now to lay down some chunes and party rock so I'll have the tracklist posted later this evening.

Enjoy!
    sounds like my style, will check it out