Home General Discussion
Options

A Question for Kuzi

Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
I know you've spoke of the Sancho Panza line before, but was just curious about your thoughts on the Double Maduro vs the Extra Fuerte. Just so you know, I'm a maduro fan by nature. Somehow I am rapidly depleting my stock lately, and so need an inexpensive but still tasty almost everday smoke to bring it back up. Everyone knows a full humidor is a happy one. Really, that's why >.>

Comments

• Options
    mikalsanmikalsan Posts: 53
    Sorry Kuzi, I am going to chime in here. Um, What is an "Almost everyday stick"? What price range are you looking for? I myself have tried a couple of Sancho Panzas, and had no luck. I ended up giving away the rest of the fivers because they didnt have enough Flavor. Dont get me wrong, there was a little, and it wasnt bad, but it was "hollow" tasting if you will.

If you really want an everyday smoke, not to say it is a true Maduro, but I would go with the El Mejor Espresso. Dark, full of flavor, and cheap too. ($25 for 20 on cbid). I actually enjoy them.

To give you a basis, my favorite maduros are the CAO Anniversary maduro, Montecristo Media Noche, Romeo y Julieta Reserve, and then last but not least the Gurkha Black Puro.
    Besides, if you are as conserned about your humidor as you say you are, it would not be happy if you filled it with Panzas. He he.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    feel free to put in your two cents. thats what a forum is all about.

I like the double maduro and the extra fuerte. I think the double maduro is a bit better but i think the extra fuerte has more body. im not so much a fan of the natural original line, i feel they are too mild as well. I bought a box of the double maduro about a month ago and they are almost gone. I have a review of the extra fuerte in my catalong. i think i gave it an 89 or 90. i dont have the double maduro in there but like i said, i just blew through a box.
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Might want to think about the 5 Vegas Serie A, Padilla Obsidian (got a bundle for $43 on Cbid) or Nestor Reserve. All priced out in the $2-3 range on sale or auction
  • Options
    Good feedback all, thanks :D
  • Options
    after re-reading this thread i have to agree on the el mejor espresso. I remember that to be an ok cigar for the price.
  • Options
    mikalsan:
    and then last but not least the Gurkha Black Puro.
    im gunna have to go for that if i get the MAW...

or i could just go out and buy some. the MAW is hard to win.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    The MAW is very hard to win, DAMMIT. I've thought about just buying whatever you guys wish for and having it sent to ya lol.
  • Options
    HA! thats actually not a bad idea...
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Maduro.. Your generosity is overwhelming. Make a wish for 1000+ members. that will sure help out with any humidor overcrowding problem you may have..
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    mikalsan:
    and then last but not least the Gurkha Black Puro.
    im gunna have to go for that if i get the MAW...

or i could just go out and buy some. the MAW is hard to win.
    Yeah it is! Who came up with that idea anyway? :P