Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Hey, iPhone People

y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
Question. I've been rocking the 3GS for about three years now, and I've been thinking of upgrading. Should I go out and get a 4S now, or would it be worth waiting till late summer/early fall (so I've heard) for the iPhone 5 to be release? What say you???

Comments

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    y2pascoe:
    Question. I've been rocking the 3GS for about three years now, and I've been thinking of upgrading. Should I go out and get a 4S now, or would it be worth waiting till late summer/early fall (so I've heard) for the iPhone 5 to be release? What say you???
    Just wait....

• Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Wait
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Wait. Congrats on 1k.
  • Options
    PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    deff wait. The S editions are always just slightly upgraded versions on the priors. the iPhone 5 (if they call it that) should be much more innovative than the 4S
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    james40:
    Wait. Congrats on 1k.
    Oh, geez. Look at that.
  • Options
    jasonusa1jasonusa1 Posts: 729
    Wait. In all honesty, I wish I would have stuck with blackberry rather than getting my iPhone 4s
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    jasonusa1:
    Wait. In all honesty, I wish I would have stuck with blackberry rather than getting my iPhone 4s
    Going to cast my vote for waiting as well. The iPhone 5 may have 4G (havent been paying ANY attn to the specs), and Siri is a SiriOUS waste of time and effort.

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting on the 5 to come out so I can get the 4s, probably get my wife the 5 and just take hers.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I think the 5 is expected to drop in late summer; I'm not an iPhone guy, but I say wait - Siri is the only big difference between 4 and 4S, but the 5 is expected to be much better, like 4G LTE, a bigger screen, better specs, etc.

Though if I could tempt you to the dark side with Android, I'd say keep your eyes open for the Samsung Galaxy S3 to drop in the next 1-3 months; it's supposed to be a monster of a powerhouse running Android 4.0, the latest version.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I say just wait. The 5 should bring down the 4S new prices and there should be an abundance of used ones by then as well. My cheap a$$ always stays 1 step behind lol

The Sniper:
    jasonusa1:
    Going to cast my vote for waiting as well. The iPhone 5 may have 4G (havent been paying ANY attn to the specs), and Siri is a SiriOUS waste of time and effort.

You say that Glen but have you ever ask Siri ridiculous and obscene questions. Like where to find a hooker. Because that makes for some funny ish man. My brother in law and I have had some serious fun with Siri
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    ENFIDL:
    You say that Glen but have you ever ask Siri ridiculous and obscene questions. Like where to find a hooker. Because that makes for some funny ish man. My brother in law and I have had some serious fun with Siri
    Funny story here... my iPhone is a company phone. When we bought it, my boss went with me to the Verizon store. Was one of the first warm days of the year, and there were several VERY nice looking girls both working and shopping in the store.

While the guy who is helping us is taking care of the paperwork, my boss starts playing with Siri on the floor model iPhone.

"Siri, I need to hide a body."

Siri answers in a moderate volume, telling him she has found several graveyards, mortuaries and metal foundries (???) in the area.

"Siri, I need a ****."

In a BOOMING voice, Siri replies "I DONT UNDERSTAND "I NEED A ****". WOULD YOU LIKE TO DO AN INTERNET SEARCH?" LMAO!!!

Of course, everybody in the place turns to stare at us... and then the place erupts in laughter. That was the LAST time Siri provided me with anything besides frustration. Good times. :-)