Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Hospitals

deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
Sitting in one while tue wife gets cat scans, trying to figure out why she hurts so much. No kidney stones so far now waiting for the second scan, to see if it's infection or if the kidney ar blOckwd and not working. No worse feeling than a loved one hurting and there is nothing you can do. Been going on 2 weeks now, not knowing why and dealing with docters saying "well t seems to be"....

Comments

• Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Prayers your way, brother!
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:

And from me, as well.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    jlmarta:
    beatnic:

And from me, as well.

Make that a big plus 3 bro , keep us informed if you can !
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    gmill880:
    jlmarta:
    beatnic:

And from me, as well.

Paying for your family man....

• Options
    Have to wait for results after the second one, and thx bothers
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    gmill880:
    jlmarta:
    beatnic:

And from me, as well.

Add me to this list. I feel you.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Think positive dood. Ya got all the positive energy I can send.
  • Options
    doc called back and they said everything came back just fine, no signs of anything.. Told her to keep taking the meds for infection and pain and see what happens. WTF...no signs of infection in blood test, Urine, ultrasound.... why keep taking meds for something that he is not sure about... and why not continue FKN testing for other things. So fkn frustrated
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    prayers sent
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    You're at the point where they aren't trying to figure out what it is, they are trying to figure out what it isnt. Best of luck and I hope it's a minor thing that's easily fixed. Hang in there bro.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Does she have any back problems? Take her to a chiropractor. I've been going for adjustments every three weeks for a long while now. Last October, I would've bet my entire paycheck that I had kidney stones. I was having this sharp, stabbing pain in my right side/flank that went around into my back. I couldn't lay flat, could barely walk. It felt like someone was twisting a knife in my back. I went to get checked out. Same as your wife...all testing came back negative. Turns out it was a muscle spasm. They gave me some pain pills and muscle relaxers and sent me home. When I went to my chiropractor the following week and told him about it, he nailed the diagnoses on the spot. As soon as I told him my symptoms, he's like "your back went out and you had a spasm. Should've called me." One quick adjustment, and the pain was gone and never returned.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    stephen_hannibal:
    gmill880:
    jlmarta:
    beatnic:

And from me, as well.

Same here brother
  • Options
    Un_SubUn_Sub Posts: 210
    ENFIDL:
    stephen_hannibal:
    gmill880:
    jlmarta:
    beatnic:

And from me, as well.

Same here brother

Jumping in line here +15
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
    firstly, Deejmemix, I hope your wife's getting better, prayers and best wishes to you. Secondly,
    skweekz:
    Does she have any back problems? Take her to a chiropractor. I've been going for adjustments every three weeks for a long while now. Last October, I would've bet my entire paycheck that I had kidney stones. I was having this sharp, stabbing pain in my right side/flank that went around into my back. I couldn't lay flat, could barely walk. It felt like someone was twisting a knife in my back. I went to get checked out. Same as your wife...all testing came back negative. Turns out it was a muscle spasm. They gave me some pain pills and muscle relaxers and sent me home. When I went to my chiropractor the following week and told him about it, he nailed the diagnoses on the spot. As soon as I told him my symptoms, he's like "your back went out and you had a spasm. Should've called me." One quick adjustment, and the pain was gone and never returned.
    I've been on both sides of this more times than I can remember. Torn muscles in my back cause it to spasm often, not as often as it once did, but still...OW!
    But, having worked ER for >10 years, I can tell you, this is a diagnosis people HATE to hear. They're all sure that it's herniated disks, etc. I have to ask them, "OK, herniated disks are terribly painful, and so are muscles spasms. However, one of them can be about 8 times as painful as the other, which do you think you have?" They'll say "the most painful!", "Right! So, we're back to the muscle spasms, which could be compressing as many as 8 times the nerves as a single herniated disk!"
    I've found that they're much more compliant after a large dose of valium, which is an excellent muscle relaxer, at this point I have to hope I'm working with a doctor with enough sense to realize that! And, to realize that dealing with peoples pain IS his job, and doesn't make him a "dope-peddler".

At any rate, good luck, bro, hope she's better soon.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Ah yes, doctors... the only profession in the world where you "practice" your craft instead of PERFORMING it. Hope you guys get everything figured out soon brother, and hope its an easy fix when you do.

• Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Best of luck to you and the missus, and loads of prayers coming your way.
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Praying for you and your family.....
  • Options
    Back at doctors still no clue what's going on. Hope we find something new or some more tests taken. Thanks for tue thought and prayers. Ona positiv side note I don't have skin cancer lol
  • Options
    went to the er yesterday only to hear the same thing...nothing. I wish we could find that doc from HOUSE... getting very frustrating, and she is going to be addicted to pain killers by the time this is all done.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Wow man, prayers for your wife.

Also Dj you have a PM

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deejmemixx:
    she is going to be addicted to pain killers by the time this is all done.

We'll all hope this doesn't happen. Another bad side effect of too many of certain pain killers is severe constipation. Vicodin, Norco, and others can lead to a bowel blockage that can be extremely troublesome. Try for non-narcotic pain meds, if possible.
  • Options
    Sigh
  • Options
    deejmemixx:
    Sigh
    A big +1 to this as I'm also sitting in the hospital with my wife
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I spend way too much time hanging around in hospitals. Was just at one this morning...
  • Options
    I'd just like to say that our "regional health system" is an absolute **** joke. A 23 hour hold for observation and testing is on hour 26 of my wife just laying in bed with the staff just stuffing Percocet down her throat. This place can bite my ass.
  • Options
    damn skweekz, I hear ya my wife is going to be addicted to tramadol and vicodine before they find anything out. I hope they figure out why your wife is hurting soon!
  • Options
    Well after 27 hours of a 23 hour hold she was finally discharged. They said she's having side effects from taking birth control for 13 years now. So she's to quit that. We're home now and relaxing finally. Thanks to all who sent well wishes and good thoughts. We appreciate it. Deej I hope they get your wife figured out soon. No one deserves to go through stuff like this.
  • Options
    GrazuhGrazuh Posts: 164
    deejmemixx:
    Sitting in one while tue wife gets cat scans, trying to figure out why she hurts so much. No kidney stones so far now waiting for the second scan, to see if it's infection or if the kidney ar blOckwd and not working. No worse feeling than a loved one hurting and there is nothing you can do. Been going on 2 weeks now, not knowing why and dealing with docters saying "well t seems to be"....
    Went through the same thing with my wife for about six months. Diagnosis went from arthritis to muscluar dystrophy to sjogren's. December 27th we were told that she had a mass on her pancreas and it was likely cancer. Along with that came a prognosis that if that was the case she likely only had a short time left to live... A few weeks later cancer was confirmed. A few weeks after that, she was in the hospital having surgery to remove her pancreas, gall bladder, part of her stomach, spleen and part of her small intestine. After many bumps in the road, she has been home about a month now and is struggling to get back to "normal".

Not saying all of this to scare you, but to let you know I know what it's like. It can be a pretty helpless feeling.

My thoughts are with you.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    It's good to hear they resolved the problem. The unknown is the alarming part
  • Options
    Well the wife goes into the eurologist today, hope they are able to figure it out