• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    boydmcgowan:
    Unthought_Known:
    kuzi16:
    Unthought_Known:
    docbp87:
    Unthought_Known:
    Padron londres or delicias are great smaller smokes for the price.
    Isn't the londres the full corona size? Like a 5.5x42? That's like an hour and 30 minute smoke, son!
    Not for me! I finish a Churchill in about an hour or so.
    holy crap

i dont know how that isnt harsh and bitter as all hell.
    Well, I was slightly exaggerating. But a Toro will typically last me about an hour. If I tried to stretch a 5.5x42 for an hour, I'd probably have to relight several times. I don't know how people can smoke that slow without it going out.

I definitely smoke faster than most people, but the weird thing is that I almost always get an even burn. There's no cone shape when I ash.
    hahaha, the age old "am I smoking too fast or are you smoking too slow?" debate which I think is similar to the cello vs non cello debate. There is no right answer.

Everyone has their smoking speed and its the one that feels right and tastes right for you.

I find that for me its the ring guage that drives how much I care how fast I'm smoking, which is a little faster than most. Anything under a mid 40s rg for me I find I need to pay more attention to the speed because it either gets bitter (too fast) or it goes out on me (too slow), but the thicker the ring the more forgiving it is. So because of that, I find that I smoke a corona and a robusto in about the same amount of time, 45-60 minutes, and maybe even a bit shorter time on the robusto. It's just way more forgiving to smoke faster so I don't need to be as patient. So depending on my mood I will or won't smoke a cigar that I need to baby along. Somedays I don't want to think at all, and some days I don't mind slowing down and analyzing it more. Also I think some belnds are worth the slowing down thats required in the thinner rings while others aren't.

Kuzi, I think you said a while ago that you need to learn how to smoke a corona, which is a funny statement but holds a lot of truth.
    it does hold truth. and it may seem funny to a cigar smoker, but when we were all new to cigars we all had to learn to smoke a cigar. most of us now dont put a second thought to it as we smoke.
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    wow my head is spinning on all these names being thrown in the mix lol.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Bolivar Petit Corona, Tatuaje Verocu #5, LFD DL Chiselito, VSG (can't remember the vitola name), MOW PA