Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Starting a business

So I haven't really said anything about this, but I am starting a race management company. We got the last of the money we need to get going today and Edward Jones is going to sponsor the first race series in GA. We will be putting on between 8 and 10 races over the next year. A 5 or 10K and will be raising money for local charities where the races are held.

Comments

• Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Sounds awesome and congrats on getting it up and running.

• Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    What kind of race business?
  • Options
    rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    We are starting with planning and running fund raisers for local charities. So 5k and 10k road races. We plan once have have built a good base with these to move into longer runs, tri's, and trail runs.
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    I wish you the best. It is a lot of work to start a business, but it can be well worth the efforts. Congrats.

• Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Good luck. Owning and running your own business it very rewarding.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the new business, brother. I'm in the process of trying to get two business started, myself. The first one is a motorcycle shop with a part of all profit being donated to charities and the other is a private sector security/survailance company. Hope everything works out and the business blossoms.
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations to both of you and your new businesses. I wish you both well.