Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Shaving/Male Grooming Thread

What do you all use to shave? My brother got me into safety razor shaving with a badger hair brush, pre shave oil, special cream, and after shave lotion; I get the best shaves I've ever had, it smells good, and it's a relaxing 10 minutes to myself in the mornings.

I personally use stuff from The Art of Shaving. Anyone else shave like this?

Comments

• Options
    Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    I use the same stuff and love it. I also use the Anthony line at Sephora too. I mix and match the two lines. I have really thick so all precautions have to be taken I really love the ingrown hair treatment they have it works really well.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    About every other month. Bring the grizzly Adams down with trimmers and then triple blade it
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't go that far, but the guys here on the forum did convince me to get a fog free mirror and shave in the shower! $15 at Bed Bath & Beyond was money well spent! I just use a Gillette vibrating razor that my sister gave me as a stocking stuffer, and I recently went back to using the old school Barbasol shaving cream in the red and white striped can after years of using a gel. I love it. I think it's the smell because that's what my dad used when I was a kid. I remember when I was 3 or 4 years old I'd come into the bathroom when he was shaving. I'd bring a spoon with me and put that shaving cream on my face and pretend I was shaving too. That's pretty much where I learned how to shave. He never had to show me again after that.
  • Options
    One of the best things a father can do is teach his son how to shave correctly. Wish mine had
  • Options
    Un_SubUn_Sub Posts: 210
    I like it!
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    What is this shaving that you speak of?
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    From the title I thought this was about... well male shaving.

• Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    stephen_hannibal:

This reminds me of the scene from 50/50 when he's talking about how he uses the clippers to shave his body and has never cleaned them while the other guy shaves his head with them lol
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    clearlysuspect:
    I don't go that far, but the guys here on the forum did convince me to get a fog free mirror and shave in the shower! $15 at Bed Bath & Beyond was money well spent! I just use a Gillette vibrating razor that my sister gave me as a stocking stuffer, and I recently went back to using the old school Barbasol shaving cream in the red and white striped can after years of using a gel. I love it. I think it's the smell because that's what my dad used when I was a kid. I remember when I was 3 or 4 years old I'd come into the bathroom when he was shaving. I'd bring a spoon with me and put that shaving cream on my face and pretend I was shaving too. That's pretty much where I learned how to shave. He never had to show me again after that.
    I shave in the shower too, but never use a mirror. I've been shaving my face since I was 16, and can do it just fine without looking at myself. Nothing fancy; just Colgate shaving cream with a Track III razor.
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Direwolf:
    About every other month. Bring the grizzly Adams down with trimmers and then triple blade it

+1
    Just used clippers on about A months worth of beard and hair today.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    A Gillette Fusion and Head Slick shaving cream. Head Slick is what I used when I kept my head shaved. It's mentholated and makes your skin feel all tingly and cool. Slowly working on getting a kit together with aDE razor, brush and soaps.
  • Options
    tincup703tincup703 Posts: 58
    Can't even remember the last time I shaved. It was probably 40 years ago!
  • Options
    tincup703:

Day-um! That's a roking beard, brother. Unfortunately my job doesn't allow me to have much more than a goatee, but when I'm out of EMS/Fire, I'm gonna Grizzly Adams it up.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Grooming? Shaving? I dunno 'bout them fancy things . . . except I have a Merkur 38c Barberpole, Savile Row silvertip badger in a 24mm knot, Razorock Muget de Bologna italian shave soap, and Feather DE blades. Yup, dunno nuthin' 'bout them fancy stuffs
  • Options
    Went fishing today right after shaving my face and head. Not A good idea. Sun burn sucks.
  • Options
    RBeckom:
    Went fishing today right after shaving my face and head. Not A good idea. Sun burn sucks.

I feel ya, brother. Did it, done it, got a bunch of the t-shirts... Nothing like the feeling of a 3" diameter blister on the back of your freshly slicked up noggin.
  • Options
    Toombes:
    RBeckom:

I feel ya, brother. Did it, done it, got a bunch of the t-shirts... Nothing like the feeling of a 3" diameter blister on the back of your freshly slicked up noggin.

My problem is that this isn't even close to the first time I've done this. To make matters worse the fish weren't biting.
  • Options
    Dude, I've lost count of the number of times my dumb aZZ has done the same thing...
  • Options
    Toombes:
    Dude, I've lost count of the number of times my dumb aZZ has done the same thing...

At the very least I now know I'm not alone.
  • Options
    The first time I shaved my dome I drove 3 states with the top down... NEVER again
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Well, I rock a pretty full beard at all times, and have for about the last 6 years, but I LOVE going to the barber shop for a good haircut. Been trying out a few new pomades lately, and have loved my Layrite lately.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I just taped a picture of Tim the Beard on my bathroom mirror . Every morning when I look at it my whiskers just fall out from pure envy/fear . Smooth as a babys rear !!! I don't need no stinkin' razor !!!
  • Options
    gmill880:
    I just taped a picture of Tim the Beard on my bathroom mirror . Every morning when I look at it my whiskers just fall out from pure envy/fear . Smooth as a babys rear !!! I don't need no stinkin' razor !!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I wish I could do that. If I could two days without shaving, my razor cries when I make the first pass...
  • Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    RBeckom:
    lol about 5 years ago i shaved my head for the first time on my 21st birthday. long story short i got so drunk i spent all day outside without sunscreen and wound up with 2nd degree burns on my head.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    tincup703:
    epic
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    BigT06:
    tincup703:
    epic

Hero status ...
  • Options
    gmill880:
    BigT06:
    tincup703:
    epic

Hero status ...

My hat's off to you sir. But not for long, the Sun's out today.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:

X2
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."