Home General Discussion
Options

Brickhouse cigars

I was told that this was made from tobacco all from Ohio. Is there any truth to this? Just curious.

Comments

• Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    I don't know - interesting if that's the case.
    I've only had one, in fall of last year - 1st half was OK, second half wasn't. Burned fine though....only had 2 months on it at the time.....I'll revisit one of my other two left this summer and hope for an improvement.

• Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    I am pretty sure they are Nicaraguan puros.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Tried one a while back , it was ok but nothing great . Flavor kinda died about 1/3 in and had burn issues . It was right from the B&M .
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Yea, someone's pulling your chain. They're Nicaraguan puros, and like the guys before me, I was underwhelmed.
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Nicaraguan Puro. There are few smooth Nicaraguan puros in the market and brick house is one of them. I really like the robusto size and smoke them frequently. They are marketed by J.C. Newman cigar company.
    Messick:
    I was told that this was made from tobacco all from Ohio. Is there any truth to this? Just curious.
  • Options
    MessickMessick Posts: 86
    I thought that was the case. Would Ohio tobacco be used in cigars?
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Messick:
    http://www.brickhousecigars.com/

I like 'em. These and the JDN Celebracion may the best "value" cigars on the market IMO. NOT made of Ohio leaf - they're very good Nicaraguan sticks.
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    KingoftheCove:
    I've only had one, in fall of last year - 1st half was OK, second half wasn't. Burned fine though....only had 2 months on it at the time.....I'll revisit one of my other two left this summer and hope for an improvement.

Well I got curious, and realized mine now have an additional 6 months on them - so I just smoked one (Churchill) a day earlier than a normal smoke day for me - woo! - it was MUCH better......smooth, creamy, slightly nutty....not complex or anything, perfect burn, lots of smoke....... the last 1/3 had 6 to 8 puffs that had some sweet "fruity" hints which surprised me.
    Definitely experienced the improvement I was hoping for.

• Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    That wonderful flavor comes from aged condega filler which has the Esteli kick and body with Japapa sweet, nutty flavor. Age them little longer then you will enjoy more subtle sweetness into it. It is a good cigar with great price.
    KingoftheCove:
    KingoftheCove:

Well I got curious, and realized mine now have an additional 6 months on them - so I just smoked one (Churchill) a day earlier than a normal smoke day for me - woo! - it was MUCH better......smooth, creamy, slightly nutty....not complex or anything, perfect burn, lots of smoke....... the last 1/3 had 6 to 8 puffs that had some sweet "fruity" hints which surprised me.
    Definitely experienced the improvement I was hoping for.

• Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Messick:
    I really like these, but I have found that the Corona Grande is the best size to balance the smoke out. I bought a box at a smoking event last year, and was gifted a 5er of all sizes and after smoking them all that is how I came to my conclusion.