Home Ratings & Reviews

Padilla Dominus

Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
I had a couple of these about a year ago and wasn't really impressed. Now I've really never knew that different size cigars could have such a different flavor profile well I was very wrong. Last night I had a torpedo that Vulchor sent me and man what a difference. It was the firmest tightest cigar I've ever had and the draw was perfect. The pre light arome had a coffe mixed with chocolate scent much like the Miami and this stick had some kick. Very enjoyable stick stayed strong for about half then the ash fell off and it mellowed nicely. I can't quite describe flavors yet but this stick had a lot going for it. The burn was great and it def was a great stick not for the faint of heart but a must try in this size.

Comments

• The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Glad you found a winner brother. And you're right - different sizes of a particular stick can sometimes make a HUGE difference. Thats why I think its good to go with a flight sampler if possible when trying a new cigar. :-)

• oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    I bought a 10 pack of these on a hunch, and I really enjoyed my first one about 2 weeks ago. Nothing really mind blowing, imo, but a very solid stick.
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Going to have to try the robustos I have from last year. On a side, its possible it wasn't just the change in vitola that made the huge difference, it could have been the additional year of rest & age.
  • GrazuhGrazuh Posts: 164
    I picked up a 5 pack last fall, and the two I smoked so far were rolled so tight I ended up tossing them an inch or so in. I really haven't had much luck with Padilla in general. I tried to smoke a golden bear over the winter and the wrapper completely unraveled and fell off. That was a first for me.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Grazuh:
    I picked up a 5 pack last fall, and the two I smoked so far were rolled so tight I ended up tossing them an inch or so in. I really haven't had much luck with Padilla in general. I tried to smoke a golden bear over the winter and the wrapper completely unraveled and fell off. That was a first for me.

One of the guys next door dissected a Padilla 48 EL. It was definitely mixed-filler. Makes you wonder...
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    I can't say too much about the other blends but the Miami and Dominus seem to be top noch as well as theHabano but that is blended by AJ. The Dominus toprpedo I had was def rolled tight but the draw was great. As far as consitency I bought two boxs of the Miami last year when there was a bogo sale. All i can say is I loved everyone of them and they all tasted the same. I love strong cigars and besides the Camancho Corojo LTD I've never seen so much dark tobacoo at the foot of the cigar as the Miami def a great stick.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Grazuh:
    yeah, I'm in the same boat. I have't had the torp of the dom as of yet though. I do like their burberry or whatever they call it these days, the funky stripped wrapper one.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Gaetano7890:
    I can't say too much about the other blends but the Miami and Dominus seem to be top noch as well as theHabano but that is blended by AJ. The Dominus toprpedo I had was def rolled tight but the draw was great. As far as consitency I bought two boxs of the Miami last year when there was a bogo sale. All i can say is I loved everyone of them and they all tasted the same. I love strong cigars and besides the Camancho Corojo LTD I've never seen so much dark tobacoo at the foot of the cigar as the Miami def a great stick.

Gaetano, if you like strong, check out the review I did on the AKA.
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    Great review and when I read it I def want to try one. I'm not sure were to get them from cigar shop in my area have a poor selection. But when's find um I def getting one. Thanks for the heads up.