Home General Discussion

Forum Suggestion: The Weekly Cigar

Comments

• taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    we should start with week 26- 5 Vegas 'AAA'
  • SporusSporus Posts: 236
    I think its a great idea. If you're going to go forward with it I would suggest starting with some AJ stuff. I have to imagine most of us have his stuff stocked and probably will result in the best turn out.
  • 90+ Irishman:
    GREAT idea I think! Would be a fun way to build some community between new and old members and to have a "virtual" herf across the country... way kewl man!
    Why stop at Country? I live overseas and would be in on it!
  • Great way to get us new guys involved, I'm in. Especially with that first week list. I think i got several of each in the humi... Seriously, love the idea!
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Like others; it sounds like fun. Need to know in advance (like others) may work for me. I'm down.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I like this idea, too! I'd like to propose keeping it forum based and people can banter like a rolling review as opposed to skyping or anything else that makes you be on-line at a specific time or the event is lost. I can't guarantee I can get a cigar in on any specific day, it may take me all weekend to get an opportunity but I'll chime in as soon as I can.
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    I like this idea, too! I'd like to propose keeping it forum based and people can banter like a rolling review as opposed to skyping or anything else that makes you be on-line at a specific time or the event is lost. I can't guarantee I can get a cigar in on any specific day, it may take me all weekend to get an opportunity but I'll chime in as soon as I can.
    You can always add onto the thread later, but there will be a specific time that is set for whoever is able to make it.

I think we are going to start with Diesel. I have a bunch but have yet to smoke one. Everyone ok with that choice?
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I joined Robbyras on his chat yesterday. He had George Rodrigo of Rodrigo Cigars answering questions. Fun and informative.
    beatnic:
    I joined Robbyras on his chat yesterday. He had George Rodrigo of Rodrigo Cigars answering questions. Fun and informative.
    I just can't do Thursdays, unfortunately. It's really cool that he has the set-up he does, though.
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    oldsoulrevival:
    I think we are going to start with Diesel. I have a bunch but have yet to smoke one. Everyone ok with that choice?

I have one 1 UHC
    You're not gonna have to twist too many arms around here to get people to fire up a Diesel. Great choice! Which Diesel, the Unholy Cocktail? Next Friday?
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Heavy:
    Some of y'all need to check your sarcasm meters me thinks. I mean, not only did he list a $750 dollar cigar, he included a couple of the dreaded "T" word cigars!!
    I feel like an @ss for not picking up on that. HMR....His Magesty's Reserve...duh!
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    Heavy:
    Some of y'all need to check your sarcasm meters me thinks. I mean, not only did he list a $750 dollar cigar, he included a couple of the dreaded "T" word cigars!!
    I feel like an @ss for not picking up on that. HMR....His Magesty's Reserve...duh!
    I'm in for the UHC. Although...anyone order any Crucibles yet? I got a five pack that should be landing ma
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    Heavy:
    Dude, whatever. It's not like you're the only one. Besides things are usually as clear as mud to me so I'm not sure how I saw it. I think i noticed because I'd never heard of most of those but i KNEW the Behike was like a holy grail cigar! Well it is to me anyway.
    So are we looking like a Diesel UHC next Friday? What say ye Oldsoul? Your thread, so I say you make the final call. Some more suggestions maybe?

BTW, great call Sporus for choosing something by AJ. That probably gives us the best chance at finding something most of us have on hand
    Heavy:
    So are we looking like a Diesel UHC next Friday? What say ye Oldsoul? Your thread, so I say you make the final call. Some more suggestions maybe?

BTW, great call Sporus for choosing something by AJ. That probably gives us the best chance at finding something most of us have on hand
    We will do Diesel UHC next Fridayat 8 or 9 oclock eastern time (ill make a thread with specific time later. Then the following one can be something else - who knows, maybe we our discussion on Friday will lead to us to a decision about the next cigar.
  • big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    I'm in for Friday, should be fun
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I believe I just smoked my last one... Crap! Maybe next time.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Toombes:
    I can have one to ya before friday. PM me your info (I think I have it, but just in case)
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    I think I have one. That I got from rob
  • Nope, haven't got a UHC.... guess this is a mandatory must place an order asap to arrive by Friday reason to place an order... (what a bummer, New smokes!) Hmmm what else should I add to my order?
    BigT06:
    Toombes:
    I can have one to ya before friday. PM me your info (I think I have it, but just in case)

PM sent. Thanks, Todd!
    WTH, Todd?! What happened to "I'll send you ONE"? Much appreciated, brother! I've got a bunch of pics to put up later and I'll show your generosity.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Toombes:
    WTH, Todd?! What happened to "I'll send you ONE"? Much appreciated, brother! I've got a bunch of pics to put up later and I'll show your generosity.
    Hey brother, glad they made it. That Shorty has about 18 months on it. They Unholy Cocktails are from July 2011. The coronas pretty fresh, but I smoked one a couple mornings ago, and they are great.
    Just a reminder for tomorrow night around 8-9 oclock. I'll initiate a new topic thread under Ratings and Reviews.
    Got my UC Corona ready, hope it's not too cold outside lol.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have a couple diesel unholy coctails with almost 2 years on them ive been wanting to try
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    diesel herf tonight?
    yup yup
    I'm down! I've got one UHC left with some age (16 or so months I think) that needs to meet its fiery fate! Or maybe I'll fire up a fresh one and let that guy sweat it out a few more months....decisions, decisions...