Home General Discussion
Options

Virginia Beach

Hey guys, I'm going to a conference in Virginia Beach next week (Joint Warfighting) and I will of course be taking my travel humidor with me. Managed to score an oceanfront room with a balcony and I plan to take advantage of it!

Are there are good cigar shops in town? Not 100% sure that I'd get to go visit if there is one, but I figured I'd ask anyway just in case.

Comments

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Raziel, I live in Virginia Beach. I'll shoot you a PM with my number, there is one very nice B&M that has 5 locations around the area and one is real close to the oceanfront. I'd be happy to meet a BOTL up there and welcome you to the beach.
  • Options
    MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    Lucky Dogs nearest beach to me is Texas....
  • Options
    LOL. Flights to Va Beach are relatively cheap. I know a great place to smoke too ;)
  • Options
    Van55Van55 Posts: 1
    I live at the Beach as well.  Too bad the original poster's visit was months ago. 
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Van55:
    I live at the Beach as well.  Too bad the original poster's visit was months ago. 
    thats the join date. the post date is on the top right hand corner of the post.
  • Options
    Yea Van I was terrible about mixing those up at first too. Hey welcome aboard buddy. What city are you in Va Beach or one of the other 6 that everyone else refers to as the beach lol.
  • Options
    Raziel66Raziel66 Posts: 16

Thanks Madurofan! Definitely appreciate it! I need to visit some stores other than the Tinderbox in my area. Not that great of a selection IMHO. Although the manager is nice. He gave me an "empty" Gurkha Black Dragon box today (I like grabbing all the cool ones) but when I got home I realized he hadn't checked the bottom tray... which was full.

Too bad I'm an honest person  :'(

• Options
    MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    Raziel66:

Thanks Madurofan! Definitely appreciate it! I need to visit some stores other than the Tinderbox in my area. Not that great of a selection IMHO. Although the manager is nice. He gave me an "empty" Gurkha Black Dragon box today (I like grabbing all the cool ones) but when I got home I realized he hadn't checked the bottom tray... which was full.

That's good Karma
  • Options
    Markbb:
    Raziel66:

That's good Karma
    Ditto. Did he let you keep one for the honesty? That would've been badass of him.
  • Options
    Nah, he didn't let me have one. Definitely would have been cool though. Those are some good cigars. He warned me that they are strong though  and they bother some of the more seasoned smokers he gets in there (one which was quick to back him up on that), but it felt more medium-bodied to me.
  • Options
    Raziel66:

The B&M down here has a GREAT selection!
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    madurofan:
    Okay, I've seen "B&M" in several posts, now, but it's just not clicking in my old noggin. What's it stand for?
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    Okay, I've seen "B&M" in several posts, now, but it's just not clicking in my old noggin. What's it stand for?

Brick & Mortar, ie any physical store. Took me a while to figure it out at first too.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Ah! Thanks, Scrambler. I was beginning to think it was some East Coast tobacconist chain.
  • Options
    urbino:
    Ah! Thanks, Scrambler. I was beginning to think it was some East Coast tobacconist chain.
    LOL why does it always have to come back to the coast? You guys not like the EC?
  • Options

urbino:

Haha, I thought the same thing until I googled it. I couldn't figure out why I hadn't heard of a cigar store called B&M before. The way everyone mentioned them I figured the chain must be everywhere!

• Options
    "Virginia Beach" hmmmmm
    i can assure one thing mate you wont get bored there..
    really cool place to hang out.. and lots of hot chicks too..
    and don't worry about cigars, its there in every corner ..
    you wont have any trouble in finding it if you leave your room..
    =================================================
    Lewis

http://www.addictionrecovery.net/virginia
  • Options
    Welcome aboard lewis, where are you out of?
  • Options
    sspl01sspl01 Posts: 11
    We look forward to helping everyone enjoy the true beauty of Virginia Beach! Please let us know how we're doing.We were young and saw the great ads "Virginia Beach is for Lovers."

Mack

Virginia Treatment Centers
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    VB is part of the terrritory I cover also, so I get down there every month and a half or so. Got a bunch of my gun nut buddies I usually get together for dinner with.