Home Ratings & Reviews

Oliva Serie G Maduro, Belicoso, After 8 months in the humi

Oliva Serie G Maduro, Belicoso, After 8 months in the humi
Shape - box-press, 5 x 52
I give it a 89

--- Short ---
The cigar looks beautiful it draws right, burns smooth, long ash, good flavor If you like Maduros and want great quality at a fair price. I would say order a box now, and park it for 8 months

--- Long ---
Like I said the cigar looks beautiful, with a dark and oily Maduro wrapper.
The wrapper had a good aroma. When I pinched the Oliva Serie G Maduro Belicoso, it felt firm and full of tobacco.

The Oliva Series G Maduro Belicoso, made medium thick clouds of smoke. The first few puffs were mild. The flavor was that of a good Maduro with a bitter chocolate base with an enjoyable spice.

As I smoked into the first 1/3 of the cigar I was really impressed with this $2.50 stick.

The half way point.

The initial spice was now only slightly edgy. Leaving a hint of bitter chocolate with very mild tones of nuts and coffee.
The mid point only became creamier as I smoked, while this smoke was consistent in the Mild spectrum. The burn was even with a good firm light Grey ash.

After the half way point it was like someone flipped a switch from mild to medium. The cigar went from good to great.

(The first ash dropped off after careful removal of the band)

The smoke became very smooth and the bitter chocolate faded, while the flavors of coffee and nuts picked up, and the spice began to slowly come back into this cigar.

The half way point construction was good. The burn was still even, and producing a firm Grey ash with a very attractive oily ring at the burn line.
The finish stayed very smooth and creamy while the mildness of this Oliva Series G Maduro, Belicoso built-up to medium-full.

Comments

• brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    Great review! I've got a box of Oliva G Maduro box pressed perfectos that look very similar. They're very good now; glad to hear they'll get better with some more time in the humi!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Nice review Glock, I like the Oliva G Madura too, time is a friend to these cigars as every time I smoke one I enjoy it more.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    nice review. Just got one of these too. Looking forward to trying it now.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    very good review with the pics
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    nice review. I just had an G Maduro Belicoso about a week ago. And with about 6 months, these things are really a treat. Well worth the investment!
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    I had one on Friday. Outstanding smoke. I was at a Gurkha event and pulled out a tried&true Oliva G after my Gurkha Doble Maduro split and unraveled when I punched it. The Oliva is always a better choice IMHO.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    this is one of those nicaraguan cigars that i seem not to mind so much. ... in fact the entire oliva family is like that fro me.
  • SmokeRingSmokeRing Posts: 61
    Nice review I've been enjoying the Oliva G's and O's for a while now. I havn't been very fond of the V's. I need to get a box of the G maduro and get it to agin' Thanks for the review Kuzi