Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Fonseca & Onyx Reserve

Tried this one and all I can say is "ack...phew...cough...cough...yuck"! And that's all I got to say about thaaat! (my best Forrest Gump voice) Now the Onyx reserve is one fine smoke! creamy, robust, earthy, a little on the bold side. Smoke em if ya got em!  Robert

"Happiness is a long ash".

Comments

• Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I agree bro, I love me some Onyx, actually smoked my last one about a week ago on the ship. I've had a few fonsecas i got on sale, tasted like sucking on a muffler of a car with an oil leak.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im not a huge fan of fonseca either. i havent had the ISOM version but id be willing to try that.

as far as the Onyx goes...

great smoke. especially for the price.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Me and my new brother in law went up to the local cigar bar last week to have a smoke and drink. He smoked an Onyx, not very familar with those, but he seemed to like it. It was more on the medium-full bodied side (he usually keeps to mild cigars). Well, on the way home...he puked all over my car, leather seats...dash, all over the side of the car...he blamed the cigar...I blamed the 3 glasses of wine he had...if you guys see him on here, you gotta give him a hard time for me (pillowblock).

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    never had the Fonseca ...doesn't sound like I missed anything
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    robert69165:

Tried this one and all I can say is "ack...phew...cough...cough...yuck"! And that's all I got to say about thaaat! (my best Forrest Gump voice) Now the Onyx reserve is one fine smoke! creamy, robust, earthy, a little on the bold side. Smoke em if ya got em!  Robert

lol. onyx isn't bad. not one I'd go buy on a regular basis, but it's not bad.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    robert69165:

I love the Onyx! One of my favorite smokes and I always keep some on hand. I've got one with me here at the lake that I've had for about a year that I will either smoke tonight or tomorrow probably. For the price they can't be beat IMO.